Any Mazda 6 owners around?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Werdness to the Turdness, Jun 1, 2004.

1. Werdness to the Turdness

Werdness to the Turdness RIP Nigger Jim OT Supporter

I think i'm going cheap and getting a 6s. I found a dealer that will buyout my lease on the wrx (3 months and 14k) and give me a Dark silver, 5 speed, 6s hatchback with sunroof, bose audio and luxury package for $22.9k good deal or no? I think it's very reasonable

2. Werdness to the Turdness

the 6s is slow or the i? i'm ready for less balls anyway...the wrx gets me in way too much trouble in these parts. I was going to get a G35 coupe, but fuck it...we're selling the house and moving..i can use the $$$ elsewhere

3. creep

creep Guest

the mazda 6 5-door looks so hot... does that come in 5 speed? I would honestly rock it

4. IrishStunna

IrishStunna Guest

The 6s is comparitively slow as balls to its competition, because the other cars are running higher displacement engines. Of course the VQ35 is going to outpower a 3.0L duratec. Anywho, i'd go for it, i drive a 6i, and love it. It's such a fun car to drive, and handles awesomely for a FWD car. The injen intake system and magnaflow cat-back apparently give it REAAAALLY nice gains, if you want to go faster. I think the Injen intake alone gives somewhere around 16 hp? The stock intake/exhaust/headers are really restrictive, so mods show big gains. Anywho, it's a great car for minor mods. If you wanted to turbo it, or something (which apparently you don't...) the ECU is a bitch, and the 3.0 L doesn't have enough engine room. Also, if you're a car stereo fanatic, the dash is really sucky for aftermarket head units, etc, but there are ways around it, just not as easy as other cars.

Check out:

www.mazda6club.com/forums

and

www.mazda6tech.com

if you have any more questions.

5. glacius

glacius New Member

i want one

6. Werdness to the Turdness

thanks for the info :bigthumb:

and yes, the 6s 5 door does come w/ 5 speed standard

7. IrishStunna

IrishStunna Guest

I drove my friends 3.5 Altima. Didn't like the torque steer, handling, design, or dash all that much. The car still hauls ass, but i don't see how a car with 20 more HP stock would seem that much faster.

8. Werdness to the Turdness

the 2005 altima claims 250hp now...but i hear bad things about nissan quality now

9. Supreme Allah

Supreme Allah The terrorists won.

the 3.5 altima was under rated spec wise. nissan had the same set up in the maxima and claimed 260 hp.

10. glacius

glacius New Member

why would you get a sedan to go "fast" anyways

11. Werdness to the Turdness

i'm looking for comfort and a good ride....with nice looks....i could care less about "fast" anymore anyway

12. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

I dont know about the overall quality.

But the interior certaintly looks nicer, and is much more refined in the 2005, over the previous years in that body style.

13. IrishStunna

IrishStunna Guest

AEM claims 9.5 whp gains on their system, which is weaker than the injen system, yet I can't find the injen dyno sheets. So im guessing somewhere in the range of 16-25 crank horsepower can be gained. :slap:

Anywho, i forgot that the 6s only has 192 lb/ft of torque, which would explain why its so much faster. Oh, and you had cloth seats in your 6s? No wonder you thought it sucked...

And sedans that go fast are for people who need the room, but still want a little speed. M5 or E55 amg, anyone? :yum:

14. maczter

maczter Life is trying things to see if they work.

My wife has had a 6S (V6) since a week or two after they started arriving at the dealers. She's got just under 40k miles on it already.

Given that she has a 2003, first model year roblems and all, the only issues she's had so far that are not normal wear items or scheduled maintenance were all things that were immediately or eventually solved at no charge under TSB's or the like. In addition to the squeaking while turning (solved), the only other annying thing was when the radiator fan started running either full speed or completely off. It would also run at full speed for a minute or two when the car was shut off...and full speed was very loud.

Like I said, everything's been taken care of, and none of the problems it has had have returned once the dealer took care of them.

As for the car itself, it's a great highway car. Our other car (mine) is a Miata, so we usually end up driving her car around if we're going on long trips. It's amazingly quiet, with very little wind noise, esepecially for cars in the 6's price range. Handles well (though the 4 cylinder models are a bit more nimble) and stops well. Traction control and ABS work well. Trunk is great. Interior looks very nice for the price (she has leather). Only thing I would change about hers if I could is that I would get a manual transmission. It really is plenty powerful, IMHO, but the auto just takes a lot of the fun out of driving it.

15. LoveBack

LoveBack Guest

I say go for it. It's the best-looking and best handling ride in its class. You don't sound like you need to make up for a short dick with a fast car, unlike 90% of people in here, so you'll be happy.

16. Toadster

Toadster have you SHARTEEZED today?

i love my 6s :)

[​IMG]

17. sub9lulu

sub9lulu LSx RX-7 in progress krew

it looks good