MIL Any Marines notice a shift in newer Marine's attitudes?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Insdav3, Nov 8, 2007.

1. Insdav3

Insdav3 Guest

I'm talking like straight out of boot camp & they are around higher rank or a learning environment and just seem like they are still a civilian with disrespect and all that shit?

My buddy just went and transfered to active and shifted to engineer school (to hopefully be EOD) and he said all the pvt's and pfcs are just horrid.

2. Drunk Bastard Audio

Drunk Bastard Audio New Member

Where are the NCO's to correct said problem?

3. Insdav3

Insdav3 Guest

Seems like they are OFP :dunno:

4. Roshambo

Roshambo Yes, I'm a Marine. No, I haven't killed anyone.

Yes, we have a PFC who gets mouthy with just about anyone. He's been on island all of about a month now and thinks he runs shit.

I really want to just drop the kid in the East China Sea and call it good.

5. kidhero

kidhero not really a hero, really just a big fat phony

is this the new new corps vs the new corps vs the old corps?

6. kidhero

kidhero not really a hero, really just a big fat phony

i sense it's the lack of proper motivation from his NCOs to have proper bearing

7. lemmy

lemmy New Member

funny you should say all this, i was in the australian army for 6 years, over that time i noticed a massive change of noob attitude, and because we're all about not hurting anyone's feelings these days, you can't do jack about it.

8. Vagitarian

Vagitarian New Member

I have noticed just what you are talking about.
    And I wonder what is going on at Parris Island.

I know when I first got to the fleet.
    I didnt fuck around or I would get fucked up.

We just recently got a boot drop from SOI and these kids have attitudes and think they rate shit.

Talking to NCO's like they are friends.

Yes, it is the NCO's job to correct this problem.
    WHich we do, but the difference is that they even act like that in the first place.

Boot camp must have really changed.

9. Insdav3

Insdav3 Guest

Yeah exactly. Things have changed at my base only because we are kind of fresh from deployment and no one really cares anymore about garrison. (we're reservists) And I find myself acting like friends with the NCO's (3-year lcpl). I give them the proper respect though and do what I'm told 100% of the time, which is complete opposite of these shit head pvt's an pfc's who only have been in our company for no more than 3 months

10. Drunk Bastard Audio

have them beat their faces as soon as they show up to the units....let them know where they stand as soon as they show up.

11. NPH

NPH Guest

I had a PFC who had an attitude problem and was bitching about how he hated being here. My Gunny ripped him a new one in front of the entire shop one day.. That was the last time he bitched and moan.

12. usmcdevil

usmcdevil wouldnt you like to know

im a pfc i still render respect. i mean its because they think they are hot shit im coming up on my year mark and half the time i see these mother fuckers i just wanna say something but they arent going to listen to me because im not an nco (im not even in the fleet yet)

13. egxflash

egxflash Riding on the Midship Express

ive only been in 2 years and i still render proper respect and give the greeting of the day to higher ups.

I do notice what youre talkin about though. Especially when i visit the nearby navy base to get my haircuts and theres brass all over and the privates dont even look up to say good morning or anything when they walk by...and theyre in uniform too.

14. origin unknown

origin unknown OT Supporter

i have been in 2 years, if i walk past any officer, of course i salute and say the motto, but if im standing in line at like a starbucks, im not gonna bother some higher up by asking how is day is or anything. i just mind my ps and qs and act professional and make sure my uniform dosn't have anything at all he could point at as deficient.

15. Roshambo

Roshambo Yes, I'm a Marine. No, I haven't killed anyone.

It pretty much is. Then again, I am in a SNCO billet as a LCpl... our district is hurting for NCO's to begin with. I should pick up next month so I'll officially straighten him out then.

It's not that he doesnt listen, but he questions orders. That was a big no-no when I was in boot camp... I really wonder what the difference is now.

16. TRN

TRN Well-Known Member

Probably a lack of NCO leadership.

Hell we just had one guy get promo'd to Sgt and he act's like a bigger faggot that before.
    Extremely poor example.

Motivation....Fuck yeah!

17. Drunk Bastard Audio

Good to know...nothing annoys me more then someone to go out of their way to salute me or give me a greeting when the need isn't really there. My soldiers do this all the fucking time because they know it annoys me....bastages...i still <3 them though.

18. TRN

TRN Well-Known Member

Even as a PFC you can still be a leader, and many of these guys need it so don't be afraid to fix them.

Not to mention your NCO's will or at least SHOULD take notice.

19. Drunk Bastard Audio

my first deployment, we had the 11th MEU onboard....

I was a young E-4 and remember walking by the scullery and seeing a Marine LCPL lock up a PVT and commence to chew his ass about something he did or didn't do....I laughed at the time, but that always stuck with me about the tradition of the Corps and how they take their rank more serious then any other service.

20. Kroze

Kroze Active Member

the reserve is a joke to the Marine Corps. sorry all.

21. EYOB

EYOB Guest

Those Active Duty folk that come from groundside to our Reserve Air Base, most of those Marines talk about how it's all fucked up here. I wouldn't really know, since the only places I've been are this base and others for initial training into the corps. And yes, I'm an Air Wing Marine Reservist. We share the base with an equal amount of Navy & Air Force personnel with a few army folk. I guess the laid back feeling of the other branches wears off on us.

:mamoru: We got a groundside Captain join our command a few months ago who was a former drill instructor. He yells at anyone when he gets the chance. I as well as other Marines I work with try to dissuade anyone from talking to him because he'll actually talk to you like he's a drill instructor. For us, I guess it's also because we have so many high ranking enlisted personnel as well as many officers that it would be a hassle to be proper every moment we work.

This is a bit offtopic, but I remember a MGSGT and a SGTMAJ (E-9s) were both complaining to the CO. The SGTMAJ was complaining about wanting to do some PT, while the MGSGT asked the CO if he wanted them to exercise or fix planes. The CO went with fixing planes. From this example, I'm simply saying we don't seem to do things the normal Marine Corps way.

22. thekinggovernor

thekinggovernor OT Supporter

it is a lot easier to be on active duty than to be a reservist

23. brackac

brackac Fuck all of this. OT Supporter

Root of the problem right there.

24. usmcdevil

usmcdevil wouldnt you like to know

haha no they will be like 'haha you try and correct me no' they keep telling us that we can be leaders but the only place that rank actually matters from what ive been told is infantry. Im an O-level Ch-46 mech so im an airwinger and airwing is ehh:ugh2: ive pt'd 2x since ive been classed up but on my own ive been running 5miles a day but half these mofos dont wanna do it they just go with the flow

25. Kroze

Kroze Active Member

I hate teh reserve..yes i'm one of them.