SRS Any Loners???

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by brownie2boost, Feb 4, 2007.

1. brownie2boost

brownie2boost New Member

I'm bipolar and right now I can't stand being around people (friends or the general public). I spend a lot of time in front of the computer and the tv. I was just wondering if there any others who are like this and what you do to occupy your time

2. Zappy

Zappy New Member

im less of a loaner now but i used to be bad about it

most of the time PC b/c its provides multiple things to do, i game web design some program some and the net o course.

tv sux its repetitive.

3. Fericide

Fericide New Member

I consider myself an extrovert but I think I might be bipolar
    I think If I did not have tv/computer I would have killed myself
    I enjoy being around people but I cannot stand beig around those who do not understand
    I think about suicide more than I'd care to admit
    I wish dont know what to do but I sit around watching tv and downloading movies

4. busydoingnothing

busydoingnothing A broken man too tough to cry

In for loner. I've been most of my life. Currently, I work fulltime and go to school fulltime, so that takes up a ton of time. When I'm not at work or school, I'm at home playing video games or playing guitar/drums/keyboard. I might even be reading.

5. Nanook

Nanook New Member

I am definetly a loner.

I work a full time job and attend university full time. With my free time in the winter I do a lot of skiing and snowshoeing, and in the summer I run and hike. Any spare time after that goes toward reading, but I haven't done much of that recently.

While we're on the topic, most people I know have a problem with me being a loner, expect me. How ironic. :mamoru:

6. upgrayedd

upgrayedd a double dose of this pimpin OT Supporter

Definitely a loner here. I find that most of the people I meet are fucking idiots or just not on the same page.

Maybe a sign to change my ways? Or convince myself that I'm never wrong...:jerkit:

7. Ryan Christian

Ryan Christian Member

I'm in for the loner convention as well. I get bored off tv most of the time, so I don't care for it that much, only a few shows I could watch. I currently work full time and my free time I just surf the net. I'm addicted to the internet but I'm trying my best to stay away from it. Moderation is the key. Other than that I can sit around and think or just sit for long periods of time. Most people don't understand it, but, hey, I like it. People wonder if I actually talk and they wonder why when I'm around them I don't speak. Well, I don't speak unless you speak to me or unless I feel like it, in which most cases I'm not too caring for a conversation. Plus I have nothing to say to most people. Again, people don't understand that neither.

I wonder in Etonicas post if expect is suppose to be except...I'm just wondering...

8. Riconosuave

Riconosuave New Member

I consider myself a people person, but I tend to be a loner too. There are people I can hang out with, and they often ask me to go out with them, but a lot of times, I just prefer to be by myself. Some times I'll spend all weekend in my apartment, not answering calls from friends.

9. Well Read

Well Read New Member

I too have always been a loner, although when I was younger, it wasn't very apparent. I was athletic and outgoing in high school and that put me in the mix, socially, quite a bit. In college, I was in a fraternity (Phi Alpha!) and continued to be gregarious, approachable and outgoing. After being initiated into the real world, I've kept up less and less with my friends and most of the people who are near and dear to me these days are immediate family with a couple of people whom I consider best friends (we rarely talk and it's one of those "if I ever got a call, I'd drop what I was doing to be there" kind of relationship). As I look retrospectively, I've always been a loner despite my past social 'prowess'. I enjoy my own company more often than not rather than having someone around to entertain, shoot the breeze with etc. Don't get me wrong, I like interaction but there are just times where I like to be left to my own devices, and this seems to be the majority of the time. I, too, get the occasional 'where have you been?', 'did you drop off the face of the Earth?', 'I tried calling you..', 'how come you don't come out with us?'. I smile. I know there's nothing wrong with me. I work out, read, watch dvds, and study mostly (medical student). That's just how I prefer things to be and I'm at peace with that.

10. Nolimitation

Nolimitation Guest

:big grin: :bigthumb:

11. kingtoad

kingtoad OT Supporter

full time job.

video games.

12. eidolon

eidolon New Member

Depends on how I'm feeling. Sometimes I feel fucking crushingly lonely and really want to be around some other people, other times the thought of going out makes me sick (not literally, but y'know).

I like to meet new people, but it's hard to find the types of folks that I click well with, and I'm not really down with the club scene and all that. And there's a point where after I've been out and about with my friends for awhile, even if they're my favorite people I'll still need to just take off and have a little time on my own to decompress as it were.

13. Spiritus

Spiritus Active Member

I feel lonley tonight.

I just am remembering this will probally be the first Valentines Day in two years in which I will be alone.

Kind of makes me sad. I like being with a nice girl. Not only is she my best friend, shes a lover too.

However I do realise the more I want one, the less chance I will have of getting one. So I just should work on being happy single. It is a work in progress.

I go to the gym, school, youth group and friends. I am not a loner. But I do feel quite lonley latley.

It is when I am not occupied - when I am on the internet for hours - that I feel the lonliest.

All I can do is work on self improvement - work on school - get more athletic and brolly in the gym - meet more people at youth group - hang out with my current friends so I do not go crazy.

07' started off with a bang - my girlfriend banging some trailer trash, that is. So I booted her ass out of my life, and '07 is going to be a slowly progressive year with long-term bennificial effects, at the cost of short-term sensual pleasures.

I can deal with that. I just have to learn how not to become identified with lonliness. It passes, and as much as I suffer through it there seem to be much greatness ahead of me.

14. Electric_Church

Electric_Church New Member

this thread makes me feel normal now :)

15. Jadix

Jadix The Nice Guy

Hey, I'm not a loner. But I do know your type. I think friends are a very important thing to have. I know you feel you have "nothing to say" to them, or dont like feeling like you have to be entertaining or whatever...but another human being is something far deeper and beautiful than any material thing you could make use of to take up your time. Since I've started college, I would say most of the things i have learned have been from my new friends here. We stimulate eachother's minds, challenge eachother, push eachother, and learn from eachother in the end.

I think friendships are much easier to maintain/attain if you know yourself. If you know who you are then you never have to worry about what someone else thinks about you. Dont ever be afraid of what someone might think if you say something.

16. fluentinsilence

fluentinsilence New Member

Finding, making, and maintaining friends is a fulltime job. I function a lot better independently.

17. ledzep73

ledzep73 New Member

I really don't like people, but I am amused by them. I don't have any real friends, but Im a regualr at the Waffle House 3rd shift. Waffle Houses are all the same, if you get lonely but don't want to deal with people, check it out.

18. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

I am kinda. I have to force myself to be social.

The internet does not help this at all.

It's funny, cuz when I was a kid I was awesome at being social. I had a ton of friends in school. We have home videos of my birthdays in elementary school and I had tons of kids over, and we would all party and have a good time.

Then one day in middleschool or something I got kicked out of the "cool kids" clique (probably for being a freethinker) and I became cynical. I realized I was happer by myself than participating in their herd mentality about everything.

Then in high school I found some kids that were exactly like me, and for a while, everything was awesome again. But then that group of people kinda split up cuz half of them became all weird and a few transfered to different schools, so I was a loner again, and I was happy.

Then in college I tried being social with mixed results.

And now I've been out of college for 3 years. I'd say I'm lonely but content. Most of my friends live pretty far away (about 1 hr), so that kinda sucks.

I just wish I was more charismatic so more people would like me naturally. :hs:

19. 18c

18c Guest

being around people makes my head hurt

20. Ludwig

Ludwig New Member

Yeah, I definitely know what you guys mean. I've also been a loner for a while. I don't have problems hanging out with friends in college, somehow also like doing stuff independently. I find myself as a quiet, laid back person. If one of my friends ask me to join them with shopping, lunch, etc. I'd be alright, I'll just chill with them. In the end of the day, I usually watch tv, listen to music, or read/study. So yeah.

21. Uder

Uder New Member

I'm a loner.
    When I was depressed OT was my life. Postwhoring was my fun.
    Now that I have energy I play golf. This way I can do something I enjoy and hopefully make money from it, while being alone, yet also have small times of personal interaction with others.

22. AzN Dynomite

AzN Dynomite New Member

I'm a loner for sure!

As a child, I was mostly a hermit and that pretty much has been the story of my life. I have a few close friends that I enjoy going out and drinking with, but for the most part, panic attacks have kept me away from the public. Seems I also have a fear of bothering people so I rarely call anyone...or even log on to MSN.

Yup, I'm one messed up dude, but at least I feel better!

:big grin:

23. Electric_Church

Electric_Church New Member

i enjoyed reading that :bigthumb:

your like me

24. Spiritus

Spiritus Active Member

Going to the gym and eventually seeing good progress will help any of you, I guarantee. Looking at your own great body makes you less afraid of what others think.

Now some just want to be left alone; do as you wish. But do those that have a longing for social activity... go 4 it

25. deviant

deviant rest your trigger on my finger

i'm pretty much of a loner too. i work full time and when i'm not at work i'm usually at home in my room (i have two roommates, but don't hang out with them that much). i don't really have problems making friends, and i'm well-liked by most people because i'm relatively witty/funny/intelligent, but i'm not very patient with people and there aren't many that i can hang out with for long before i'm thinking "man i just want to go home, smoke a bowl, sink into my couch, and relax".