MIL any jumpers in ft. lewis dec 4-10

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by blackwater, Nov 17, 2005.

1. blackwater

blackwater New Member

just wanted to see if any jumpers here are gonna take part in the menton days reunion dec 4-10 in ft lewis. a bunch of guys from my unit, 3p.p.c.l.i, are gonna be there.
    gonna be doing a wing exchange with you guys. last time i was in ft. lewis was one of the best times of my army career. spent too much cash at your kitshop though :)

2. gtcrispy

gtcrispy New Member

What kind of jump is this? Are you Canadian? I'm not at Ft. Lewis but just curious. I'll be there this summer.

3. blackwater

blackwater New Member

yeah, im canadian. as far as i know it be a bareass day jump, static line and free fall.
    this is gonna be the last menton days reunion. the vets are getting too old. its sad. those old guys always got the best stories.

4. gtcrispy

gtcrispy New Member

Hmm interesting. Is it mostly the rangers and SF guys who jump? I don't imagine there are tons of airborne qualified guys in the other units.

5. GochuBoy

GochuBoy OT Supporter

More Info on this. I'm in Washington state.

6. blackwater

blackwater New Member

we dont have ranger/sf battalions like you guys. the light infantry battalions i think are similar in terms of the capabilites they provide. there are many guys with cherry wings, guys who just passed jump course, but not too many with white wings -jump pay, maroon beret, in a light battalion. in my battalion there are only about 100 maroon berets, but ,many more have the qualification.
    outside of light battalions, as far as i know there are not many jumpers at all. i have talked to some WOGs ( i think you guys call them REMFs, not sure)and to them a para course is an almost unheard of fantasy. whats it like there with your non combat trades

7. blackwater

blackwater New Member

i dont know the full details on what U.S. unit is participating. all i know is dec 4-10. there will be a dress uniform ball, wing exchange jumps, soccer match and lots of drinking inbetween. from what my friends told me about it last year you can expect to do most things severely hung over:x:
    rumor is we are bringing 250 static line chutes, but less than 20 FF chutes. i will post more as soon as i get confirmed info

8. gtcrispy

gtcrispy New Member

Ah ok. Here on Ft. Bragg which is the home the US Army 82nd Airborne, the majority are all airborne qualified for static line jumps including the Admin sorts and non-combat arms. I mentioned the Rangers and SF guys because they're probably the majority of the Airborne qualified guys up at Ft. Lewis. If yo

9. Jason H

Jason H Active Member

Don't worry black, if we get these new Herc's I'm sure you guys will be getten more jump time :bigthumb: