COMIC Any interest in some trading card sets?

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Highlander_77, May 17, 2007.

1. Highlander_77

Highlander_77 Wicked smaht

I've got a few of the older Marvel trading card sets, and there's some really nice artwork on some of them (X-Men set by Jim Lee, various Marvel Masterpiece sets). I've also got some old Star Wars trading cards.

These aren't card games or anything, just purely art cards.

I was thinking of scanning them and uploading them to Warskrull, if anyone would be interested in that sort of thing. Let me know! :big grin:

2. Highlander_77

Am I to take no replies to mean no interest? I'm not going to bother doing this unless I know that someone is going to download and enjoy them...

3. ManyHamsters

ManyHamsters There are necessary pursuits... but poetry, beauty

please do =) i love marvel masterpieces, the artwork is just amazing! i used to pay a quarter for a random marvel masterpiece card from this vending machine in my grocery, every time i'd get a foil one i'd freak out! mmm wonder if you have all the ones i don't? :p

4. Highlander_77

Ok, taking a look through my cards just now, it appears that the only complete Marvel Masterpiece set I have is the 1995 series done by Boris Vallejo and Julie Bell. I happen to think that this is also the best of the Marvel Masterpiece sets, in terms of artwork, but that's all subjective. I have most of the 1994 series done by the Hildebrandt brothers...and I have a few random cards from both the 1992 & 1993 series.

I know that my Jim Lee X-Men set is definitely complete, including all the hologram cards....not that I'll be able to scan those anyway (I just tried...they don't come out right).

I also have the complete 1992 Marvel Universe series...but I don't know if I want to scan that one. There's a fuck-ton of cards in that series, and most of the artwork is nothing special. That will be the last series that I scan, if I do it at all.

Anyway, I'm going to get started on it tonight...don't know how far I'll get, but I'll post in this thread again when I'm ready to start uploading stuff. :bigthumb:

5. kelvs

kelvs OT Supporter

I have the complete Marvel Masterpieces series 1. But I was so young then I had all of them completely laminated. I'm pretty sure that destroyed the value :hs:

1st collection I have was Marvel Universe series 3. But didn't quite completed it. I did however completed series 4.

My favorite ones are most definitely the Flair Series 1 collection though. :bowdown:

I also played some Wildstorm CCG...

6. Highlander_77

FYI, I'm still working on this (well...planning on it). My available free time of late has been reduced to almost nothing...but I'll get it done eventually. :o