A&P Any interest in a group buy for flash templates?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by wizeguy4, Nov 18, 2008.

1. wizeguy4

wizeguy4 New Member

So I am not going with Blu Domain because I do not want to be jammed up hosting with them for 1 year. And I do want a fully editable website that requires very little work and skill from me. So I decided I am going with Flash Palette and will buy one of their templates and host it myself.

http://www.flashpalette.com/main.html

I noticed over the weekend they have a group buy if 5 or more folks are interested. The discount is pretty significant. Theyr decent templates are 150 bucks and if there are 5 people buying you get 100 off any template, making your template 50 bucks. Here are the terms

http://www.flashpalette.com/html/discount.html#1

so is there another 4 people who might be interested in getting in on this?

2. wizeguy4

wizeguy4 New Member

this is going over well

3. FlashhslaF

FlashhslaF New Member

interesting, So since we can only order from one Series, are we doing the Basic?

Also what tool can we use to edit the site?

I'm very interested if we can get 3 more people!!

4. wizeguy4

wizeguy4 New Member

If we go with the basic series we only get thirty bucks off the basic series. It is 60 -800 bucks for one of them.

I was thinking of going with 1 of the 150 dollar ones. You get 100 bucks off them with discount, making it 50 bucks. If you go the first set of template that are 250 and under, I like the template that is all the way to the right.

The templates are edited through an editor that you get with the template. It is designed inhouse. If you click on a template and go throught the pages, there is a screen shot of the editor. So you get the stuff from them and up it to your own host and then use the editor to customize it. Cant beat it for 50 bucks. The cheapest you get into a BLU website is for 200 bucks

I know I am not the only idiot that would like a website but not saavy enough to create it and too cheap to want to pay full price

5. Mighty_Zeus

Mighty_Zeus Guest

Definitely interested.

I am going to read into a it a bit more tonight after work. I use LR templates right now, and I am mostly happy with it, but something like this would be a lot nicer I think.

...and for $50? Shit. I spend more than that most days on food and chew.

Editor interface looks retardedly easy...noice

6. wizeguy4

wizeguy4 New Member

I just seen you can click the TRY button and download the full version to mess with and create your site. But it is watermarked. I like that the template I am looking at has a private client proof and when the client logs in there are up to 3 seperate galleries you can create and include pricing. I have emailed about an integrated shopping cart since it says "coming soon" I want to know ow soon and will it be free for existing customer buying the template because of this feature is in the works or not?

MZ - please post back tonight. I can not find anything that indicates that this wont work on your own server or anyway that this is shady, but I hate when I miss stupid shit that bites me in the ass later. So far this does not appear like that

7. FlashhslaF

FlashhslaF New Member

I'm In.

The only question I have is whether I can add client proofing in any of the templates?

8. wizeguy4

wizeguy4 New Member

all 3 of the 150 dollar templates (50 bucks after discount code) say that they have client proofing with password protection. I just tried the demo for all three templates

9. wizeguy4

wizeguy4 New Member

ok well things have taken a turn. I have gotten a hold of someone at Flash pallette. I asked about when the shopping cart would implemented and at what cost. Here is the response

my next question was

"I also want to verify that with the group buy discount that since the Stadard Series websites are 150 dollars that with 5 people interested, that we would each receive a discount of 100 dollars making the template 50 dollars each? I have read and read the FAQ's on this and this is how I see it.

Also - I have my own domain and host already, I can simply take the template I buy from you guys and upload it to my own server right?"

and the response was

I was unhappy with this since 06A was the one I was looking at and was to be 50 bucks. so I sent back this

"I have other folks already interested. You site does not reflect any of these changes. The 06A is still in the standard series. We have been looking for a great deal and thought we have found it. This news is very disheartening"

and I get back this

so there is still a group buy available but not at the discount I was originally under the understanding of when I originally made this thread

10. FlashhslaF

FlashhslaF New Member

damn...thanks for the effort though...i really liked the 04A