any idea's for late night?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by DTR rex, Jul 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

Ok, so generally I am a pretty good eater. I try to eat relatively healthy food whenever I can other than a few exceptions when I go out to eat with friends or the g/f. I did the cutting thing for a while and got some pretty damn good results. I dropped about 12lbs within a month and 2pant sizes. I did not continue this though, because I compete in bench press powerlifting competitions and found out there was one coming up so as most of you know, when cutting you are usually not giving your muscles their optimum nutrients they need to perform best.
    Well basically what all this about is that I have not gotten back onto cutting yet, and will probably just wait to "hardcore" cut until next march or so. So for now its just eating well and exercising which I do on a daily basis for the most part..... BUT the one thing that always kills me is eating late at night! :o
    I often work until 10pm or 11pm or I will be at the gym until 10pm, or sometimes even midnight/1am. Obviously when I am out that late I am going to be hungry when I get home. So I usually end up eating a meal at like 11pm-1am. I try to keep it small like a bowl of cereal, some wheat toast, left over chicken breast, or something of that nature, but since I usually hit the sack about an hour later I feel that this might be really hurting me. Is there any tricks you guys have picked up to keep yourself from eating late at night before bed. Dont forget, I didn't have time for a dinner that night, or I have not eaten in several hours and just sucking it up and not eating is not an option because its nearly impossible for me to fall asleep if I am REALLY hungry.

thanks

2. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

You should eat before bed even when cutting

3. joy division

joy division New Member

it is a myth that you gain weight or whatever if you eat right before bed....doesn't matter at all, eat a little.

4. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

seriously?

I had always thought that since your body is relatively inactive for the next 6-9 hours that its much worse to eat late at night as opposed to during the day.

5. sprite

sprite Active Member

Total calorie balance is what matters. If you know you'll be eating late, just make an alotment for it by reducing your calories throughout the day proportionately.

6. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

It's more important to eat before sleep because you're about to be going 8+ hrs without food.

7. G-n-P

G-n-P New Member

hate to break the bubble but yeah it does matter WHAT you eat right before bed. You don't want to eat a shitload of carbs right before sleeping for 8 hours. I usually try to stay with like green beans or something that is relatively fiberous and non starchy, and obviously some protein (preferably whole food source).

Calories in vs. calories out is a good rule of thumb and if you are creating a defecit you will lose weight. I just prefer to rotate carbs around activities because it works better.

8. PurEvl

PurEvl going out gassed and not half assed...

i have read something along those lines as well. I eat carbs at night when im really looking to gain some mass

9. G-n-P

G-n-P New Member

I know that there is probably research out there, but that wouldn't change the way I did things unless the research was done on athletes who were on a similar exercise routine as I am.

10. Brujo

Brujo New Member

11. Larry Lex

Larry Lex New Member

Try some cottage cheese mixed with natty PB and fruit jelly before bed.

12. transistor

transistor Well-Known Member

i lose 3lbs every night :sad2:

13. When cutting I wake up during the middle of the night to eat.

14. chizzle

chizzle New Member

Just ate some watermelon...:yum:

Not quite bedtime yet though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.