Any Honda 919 Riders?? New bike soon....

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by VolksDragon, May 10, 2005.

1. VolksDragon

VolksDragon New Member

I have been thinking about selling my '00 SV650 at the end of the season, and have leaning towards a few different bikes, including the Honda 919. I am also thinking about a Ducati Monster S2R, a Suzuki SV1000 naked and a Triumph Speed Triple.

It must be comfortable, fast, flickable and naked. No race replicas or torture racks for me, as I am 6'4" and dont care about picking up chicks or winning drag races.

Anybody here currently ride a 919? Your thoughts on it, especially compared to the other 3 bikes? I sat on one a few months ago, but haven't ridden it yet. Any must-have mods or accessories? Anything painfully need replacing?

Thanks!

[​IMG]

2. ProFX

ProFX New Member

That is a CB900 Hornet. You will find '919' mostly refers to the CBR900 before the 929 and 954.
    Hornet 900 and CBR900 were pretty much the same mechanically though.

The Hornet is a great bike, if I had the money to buy a new bike instead of the second hand bike I did get, it would be at the top of the list with sv1k just below it.

Definately comfortable, fast, flickable.
    IMO, Hornet 900 and sv1k are the bikes to choose from so the real decision you have to make is i4 or v2 :)

3. VolksDragon

VolksDragon New Member

It is the Hornet in the UK and AUS, but it's called the 599 and 919 here in the US, depending on engine size. The model number is CB900F, but the dealer network refers to them by 599, 919.

I am a BIG fan of twins, but I just dig the looks and reliability of the Honda. I like the Suzuki twin, but just think the Honda looks alot better. The Duc and the Triumph are cool, but they cost too much to buy and maintain for what you get in return. The 919 would walk them both, anyway.

Decision, decisions...

4. ragnarok

ragnarok nuclear launch detected

i would probably get the 919 just because its a honda and i wouldnt have to worrya bout quality/maintenance/resale as much....

however the speed triple is soooo sessy

the 919 would looks 1000x better with the bits and swingarm powdercoated satin black

5. Short Bus

Short Bus Beep beep!

I absolutely love that bike... and I almost bought one. If you want a little wind protection Givi's windscreen works great and looks like it was meant to come on the bike from the factory.

Yoshimura tri-oval exhausts on that bike look like sex and sound even better. It's the only exhaust I'd consider for the bike.

If you're coming off of an SV650, that's a great bike to step up to. It'll do everything you said you wanted it to do.

6. machine81

machine81 New Member

Pics of the '00 SV650? I'm looking for one?

7. VolksDragon

VolksDragon New Member

Here are a few pics. It is an '00 naked, with 9800 miles. Corbin seat, TRE mod, Scorpion CF Race Exhaust, runs awesome.

Machine, if you want it, I can truck it to WA, as I am planning on being up there in August anyway.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Short Bus

Short Bus Beep beep!

Damn man, that's a nice SV... I bet it sounds great with that Scropion.

9. DarqueGT

DarqueGT New Member

I jsut got a '03 919. It's running an Akropovic exhaust setup with a DynoJet PCIII. I plan on doing some sprocket work soon as well as some paint work. I want a flat black color...right now I have like an asphalt color.

[​IMG]

10. VolksDragon

VolksDragon New Member

Well....I ended up getting the SV1000S. I absolutely love it.....

Liter Twins >*

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 10, 2005
  11. Jerm

Jerm I

Nekkid is f'in hotness :coold:

12. ProFX

ProFX New Member

Hardly naked, it has a bikini fairing and a belly pan!