Any Highlander fans here?

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Abraxis, Jul 25, 2005.

1. Abraxis

Abraxis Denny Crane.

Possilby 3 new movies in the works. :cool:

http://www.moviehole.net/news/5888.html
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001600/

IMDB shows Adrian Paul as exec producer, we already know he'll star. Also show that Christopher Lambert is signed on to be in it too. As long as he doesn't slow down the action like the last movie vs. the series, that could be good. I'm a big fan of the tv series, I'm glad they're going that route. Great characters and developed storyline. Love the first movies, but the others kind of blew it.

-----------------------
    Lions Gate continuing Highlander journey
    Posted on Tue, 5-Jul-2005

Seems Dimension has lost the MacLeod clan to fellow genre stable, Lions Gate, with Variety announcing that the long-planned fifth "Highlander" movie is being dusted off for business at the Santa Monica company's pad.

Lions Gate has picked up North American rights to "Highlander : The Journey Continues," the fifth film in Davis Panzer's lucrative "Highlander" franchise, says the trade. The deal is one of 20 distribution deals struck by sales agent IAC Film for the project in the wake of the Cannes Film Festival.Davis Panzer is planning three new "Highlander" features over the next two years, starting with "The Journey Continues," which is directed by Bret Leonard and stars Adrian Paul as the immortal Scottish swordsman.

Star Adrian Paul tells readers on his site that "The fifth Highlander movie is going to start shooting sometime later this year in Eastern Europe. :bigthumb: David Abramowitz is putting the final touches on the script, and once approved it will go into pre-production later this year. I always said I would never do another one unless I had more control over the final product. Well, this time I am executive-producing it. Brett Leonard (Lawnmower Man) is set to direct. Be ready to see a new Highlander film that has the quality of television the series with a new sound and look for 2006. Everyone is excited to be able to produce something that we have more control over, and to revamp such a successful franchise. Once the rights fell back to Davis-Panzer Productions, Peter Davis approached me to star and executive produce. Watch here for more details as they are announced."

It's rumoured that the previously planned "Highlander : The Source" isn't happening now, and David's working up an all new story.

The new script is said to include the characters of Duncan McCloud, Methos and Joe Dawson played by Adrian Paul,Peter Wingfield, and Jim Byrnes, respectively.

:cool:

2. galek_spoo

galek_spoo New Member

i liked the first and second movie the best. the 3rd with Mario Van Peebles was alright but Endgame killed it for me. they made Connor look like shit and behave like a weak bitch. the series lost its appeal after the chick died and they decided to start making everything a tragedy. then of course theres the other spinoff Raven or whatever the fuck it was called.

i'll stay oldschool with Kurgen as the baddest motherfucker to start off the Highlander saga.

3. Abraxis

Abraxis Denny Crane.

I think most Highlander fans try to forget that the 2nd movie ever existed. :rofl:
    The alien bit threatened to ruin it all.

I loved the first, the 3rd was ok. I liked Endgame since it revolved around Duncan and had Methos and the other really good characters in it. They toned down the fighting and swordplay from the series though, I assume so that Lambert could blend more. In the series, the fighting was always really good.

4. lowfat

lowfat 24/Mac/SciFi/PC Crew OT Supporter

I liked the original movie..and that's it. Never watched the tv show though :hs:

5. CrimsonVonDoom

CrimsonVonDoom There Cannot be Two Skies OT Supporter

The TV show was retarded. Every episode was the same.

1. Duncan wakes up
    2. Duncan goes outside
    3. Duncan senses an immortal
    4. Duncan remembers things
    5. Bad guy shows up
    6. Duncan remembers the bad guy
    7. Bad guy and Duncan are separated
    8. Duncan remembers more and struggles with the curse/blessing of immortality
    9. Duncan and bad guy cross paths
    10. They fight, Duncan wins.
    11. End credits.

Queen's theme song was the best part of the show. The show was only good for the swordfight = hardon crowd.

6. Abraxis

Abraxis Denny Crane.

Hardly that simple, but yeah, believe it or not, a show called Highlander involved immortals killing each other. :noes:
    Here's a shocker: on ER people get hurt and sent to the hospital on a weekly basis. :eek3:

7. CrimsonVonDoom

:rofl: then you must have been one of the swordfight = hardon crowd

No. not every episode was exactly like that. sometimes other characters were involved with Duncan. other than that, not much else was different. the only high point in that series was Methos. oh yes, it was that simple. ibwhere'syourav?!

8. Joe_Cool

Joe_Cool Never trust a woman or a government. Moderator

Yeah, I hated Highlander 2. It could have been ok, but the execution sucked.

What really ruined it all for me though was the fact that HE WON, then all of a sudden he didn't. The story ENDED with the first movie. Connor killed the last of the other immortals, then in the third one, WHOA, there's more guys who were just buried, and now you have to do the whole shit all over again! :ugh:

And I don't like the show. Highlander was a story with one installment. They followed Connor from his "mortal" days until he won the prize, and it ended. This for me is the textbook example of filmmakers fucking up a great story by trying to milk it for more money. There should NEVER have been a sequel.

There should have been only one. :down:

9. Acesn8s

Acesn8s The Deadman's Hand

Exactly. Then they went and killed Conner in Endgame. WTF?! I own the original. I've watched the series because at the time there wasn't any decent SciFi TV shows (Hercules and Xena don't count!) at the time.

10. Ramataklan

Ramataklan Active Member

i know only highlander one...forget about the rest.

11. lowfat

lowfat 24/Mac/SciFi/PC Crew OT Supporter

:werd:

12. Ramataklan

Ramataklan Active Member

you are really a funny victim.

13. Nucleartiger

Nucleartiger Clemson makes my nipples hard

aww, Don't be upset that Conner got owned by Duncan. It was obviously the correct choice.

14. Joe_Cool

Connor didn't get owned by anybody. Connor killed the Kurgan (as if anybody could REALLY kill Clancy Brown :mamoru:) and he was the last one.

The tv show (like the sequels) was just a stupid piece of shit trying to cash in on the greatness of Highlander (not the first one; the ONLY one).

15. CrimsonVonDoom

Holy crap Clancy Brown is so damn cool.

16. Joe_Cool

:werd: I think my favorite role of his was Extreme Prejudice, which also had the OTHER one of the two most badass people on the planet: Powers Boothe. :bowdown:

17. CrimsonVonDoom

As much as the movie ruined the book, Starship Troopers had both the coolest actor and the coolest actor's name:

actor: Clancy Brown

actor's name: Michael Ironside.

18. Joe_Cool

19. dead weight

dead weight New Member

I think he was the prison guard in shawshank redemption also

20. CrimsonVonDoom

absolutely

21. Stare At The Sun

Stare At The Sun New Member

IF memory serves me right..

I thought that Michael Ironside was Radchak of Radchak's roughnecks in Starship Troopers, and the "Prison Gaurd" from Shawshank was the Drill Sgt. who trained Rico, and then later captured the brain bug on Planet P after demoting himself to a Private?

22. Acesn8s

Acesn8s The Deadman's Hand

Correct, Sgt/Pvt Zimm.

and since this is ABR, he was also in Buckaroo Banzi: Across the 8th Dimension. :o

23. CrimsonVonDoom

mhmm:bigthumb:

24. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

Those of you who hate the second film should watch the director's cut (Renegade Version). It is actually pretty good. All those wacky space alien references were cut out, and a few scenes were restored which actually make some sense of the plot toward the third act.

25. Joe_Cool

:nono: No matter what they did in the 2nd movie, there can be only one. The first movie was a complete story. It had a beginning, a middle, and most importantly, an END. It ended. It was over. Connor killed the Kurgan to be the last of the immortals, and he won the prize. There's no room for another movie or a tv show.