Any graveyard workers??

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by grooves12, May 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grooves12

grooves12 New Member

I work at a job that operates 24x7, so we work a 4x10 day...

I WAS working days and had no problem fitting in my workouts and planning my meals... but I was recently move to a graveyard shift that works 1am-11am, and its a bitch on the body.

I am wondering if there is anyone else out there that has experience with this that might have some recommendations on eating, sleeping, and fitting in workouts...

I was planning on trying to go to the gym right off work, and then stay up until 5pm or so, and then sleeping til its time to go to work... but it seems no matter when or how much I sleep on this shift I am still always tired??

Time for cutting and an EC stack to keep me awake?? :)

2. blueNcream

blueNcream win OT Supporter

When I had graveyards, I just could not workout, then again, that was during the three years I didn't workout :hs:

3. grooves12

grooves12 New Member

nobody else?

4. jackjohnson

jackjohnson simple as something nobody knows OT Supporter

thats a tough one man. ive never done it, but i have friends who work graveyard (that dont workout) and they basically told me they just reverse their normal day as best as they can.

I would try maybe working out before you go into work? use more energy on that instead of wasting it at work. because I dunno working suck after any 10-12 hour shift would suck- especially a graveyard one

5. Katsumoto

Katsumoto New Member

I have the same problem except I only work 8's 12am to 8am. After 10 hrs it would be a little harder. Luckily I can eat at work all I want. Can you eat while working or take a few breaks? I work out in our weight room here right after shift, I seem to have more energy then compared to when I wake up in the evening. It really messes you up for a while, eventually you get kind of used to it. Also you can get extra in on days off. After my Friday night I pretty much just stay up all day and get stuff done then sleep at night.

6. N.A Honda

N.A Honda New Member

I worked graveyard shift 11pm-7am for a couple of months. During that time I always worked out right after work, around 8am. The biggest problem I had was sleeping during the day. I could never get a full 8hrs of sleep due to sunlight and noise.

7. grooves12

grooves12 New Member

Yeah, I'm having the same problem...

I'm lucky if I can get 4-5 hours... maybe that will change as I get more used to it.

One thing that is good, is I get scheduled breaks pretty much every two hours... so I can fit meals in there... but it's still hell on the body.

8. Larry Lex

Larry Lex New Member

When i worked "mids" in the military (10pm - 7 am), I'd go to bed immediately after getting home from work, then get up in the late afternoon and work out sometime in the evening. It worked for me.

9. D-GUy

D-GUy Guest

my friend runs night stocking at target and he just works out before he goes to work(which is around 10-12). So he hits it around 6-7, eats pwo, and then heads to work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.