GUN Any good surplus guns right now?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by BigBadJohn, May 7, 2008.

1. BigBadJohn

BigBadJohn Pay-back time OT Supporter

Any more cheap rifles/ handguns right now? Seems like shit has been increasing alot since 2 years ago.

2. saxman

saxman Burninating the peasants

sig p6

3. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

The steyr straight pull rifle is cheap but almost impossible to feed I understand. MN's are still dirt cheap. The cz82 seems like a good deal if you want a weak handgun :big grin: I think now's the time to get a k31 if you want one. TT33 seems affordable for now too if you want to round out a 7.62x25 collection.

4. BigBadJohn

BigBadJohn Pay-back time OT Supporter

I think $200 for a meh condition K31 is a ripoff. Especially since they were selling really nice ones for $150+ 1-2 years ago

5. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

They wont be getting any cheaper, if you see something you want get it, or you'll be kicking yourself in a few years when there $300.

6. Keesh

Keesh New Member

God those TT33s are ugly. Not that Cz-52s are much better. I just want one because 7.62x25 is a hot little round.

7. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

Should have bought 1-2 years ago but they're not getting cheaper ;) $200 should really still get you a pretty good k31. None of them are going to have like new stocks unless they've been refinished but I think thats always been the case, the bore and blue should be pretty fantastic still. Really if I had to sell all my other milsurp stuff the k31's are what I would keep. I don't think you can spend $200 on a rifle today and get anything close to a k31. All my other milsurp feels like...surplus, its different. Skip one of the junky $90 handguns and put it toward the k31 :big grin:

Qft. I'm still debating if I want to pick up a cz52 or not. Once the cheap surplus runs out I think I'll be back to 10mm for flash and bang so maybe I should just buy 10mm ammo now :big grin:

8. Cannondale

Cannondale OT Supporter

FEG AP 7.65

Honestly though, if you are loading yourself (or don't mind paying $14 a box for rifle rounds), the K-31 is a sweet rifle.

9. Keesh

Keesh New Member

I have a few thousand of 7.62x25 and Century still has their sale going on. $60 bucks for 800 rounds is a great deal...especially considering 9mm is around $200 per thousand now. Those 52s also have 9mm conversion barrels too, but I'm not sure if they are still being manufactured.