A&P Any good suggestions on how to digitize my old photos?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by delussional77, Jan 5, 2010.

1. delussional77

delussional77 Active Member

I have a bunch of old 5x7 photos that I'd like to digitize but I don't want to scan in each photo individually.

Anybody know of any good options to do this efficiently? Most of my photos are your typical 5 x 7 and I figure I have three options:

1) find some type of scanner (or photo scanner) that can automatically feed the photos from a tray and spit them out (just like a regular scanner I guess - but mine is a top-load scanner which doesn't autofeed)

2) find a local company that can do this (already checked the yellow pages and a few different "archiving / scrapbooking" stores and they didn't have anything that wouldn't require me to stand at a machine for hours doing basically the same thing that I'm already doing at home.

3) find a national service that will let me mail in my pictures and they will send me back a couple of DVD's with my images on them (I don't mind paying some $$$ to do this)

Any advice?

2. SkiMax

SkiMax OT Supporter

3. delussional77

delussional77 Active Member

yikes!

way more work than I could do....plus I don't even have a good digital camera