A&P any good point and shoot cameras out now?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by bowengoh, Apr 6, 2008.

1. bowengoh

bowengoh OT Supporter

Need a new point and shoot digital camera, old one died.
    Anything good out now around 250 or under, not a baller :hs:

2. blueapple

blueapple Obama 2008

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canonsd850is/

Read the review and see. It was highly rated on DPreview. Good all around camera. Not too big, not too small.

Before getting anything, I would go to your local Best Buy/Circuit City/Frys and try them out (But I wouldn't buy them, you can get a better deal online). A lot of a camera is how it fits in your hands and how the menus are laid out. If it isn't comfortable or easy to use, you'll be less likely to take it with you when you walk out the door.

3. Trlstyle

Trlstyle New Member

do NOT fall for their scams. If you do decide to buy there, know what you need and what you dont. 90% of people can walk out of there with a camera and memory card and be completely happy...most people dont need a overpriced extra battery, HUGE memory card, and some $40 elaborate case.Do your research and you can find some really good deals.

4. blueapple

blueapple Obama 2008

I guess I shouldn't have said you should NEVER buy one in a bricks and mortar. If it's within ten dollars or so of amazon/newegg/b&h, they I would get it. Other than that, they are usually at least fifty bucks more than an online store.

5. bowengoh

bowengoh OT Supporter

hmmm ok thanks.
    and whats brick and mortar?

6. mojito

mojito New Member

a store you can walk into

frys has by far the best selection of any place in store. Usually 100 total between P&S and entry level dslr.

they are commission based, so they push Kodak, Panasonic, Samsung etc and not Canon/Nikon which pay them less and have less gross profit for the store.