Any good free MMORPGs out there that OT is playing?

Discussion in 'Online Adventures' started by Ham Sammich, Jul 27, 2006.

1. Ham Sammich

Ham Sammich New Member

Is there anything. My WoW account just got hacked and I have nothing to do. Is there anything out there that is good and is free?

2. gweary

gweary New Member

Read a book, get a job, get a girl, :rofl:

3. Sooka

Sooka New Member

This is a fucking game forum. If you want to be a dick and make worthless comments then go back to the Offtopic section.

Anyway, some good ones to try out are:

Lineage 2 - download the client at www.lineage2.com and then search for the Dragon Network on google and once you find their site download the patch and you can play on some of the best free servers out there for the game.

Ragnarok Online - download the game client from the official website and I'm sure if you search around on google you'll find a bunch of free servers

Planetside - 30-day free trial for it right now, played the beta a long time ago and it was pretty fun

Anarchy Online - This game is supposedly 100% free now, so go to www.anarchyonline.com and check it out.

I don't have time for MMO's anymore so I haven't played any of those games thoroughly but I tried them all out and they all seem to be pretty fun.

4. Wakefield

Wakefield Active Member

Guild Wars

5. JJDiri

JJDiri New Member

Ultima Online provided me the most fun for a few years. It is an 8 year old game, and it is still thriving very well. The real version run by OSI and EA costs $13 per month, but you can download the free trail here:

http://www.fileplanet.com/promotions/uogold/

Then, go to www.uogateway.com and download UOGateway.

Then, go to www.runuo.com and download Razor.

You can use UOGateway to connect to servers hosted by other people and not OSI. They're all emulators, so they're 100% free and 100% legal.

UOGateway uses your free trial to connect to the free servers. The free trial never expires with UOGateway. Razor can also be used to connect to servers, but UOGateway is MUCH easier.

Razor, however, also helps your UO gameplay. You can set keys as macros and have it perform tasks for you.

I never play UO anymore. I played it so much I got sick of it. It's too addicting for my tastes. Right now, I'm considering playing it again, but I know it'll be a bad idea to start again.

Enjoy.

*EDIT* UOGateway organizes the serverlist by population. Many of the servers are more or less empty, but the top ones have anywhere from 250-1000+ online at a time. UOGamers is hosted by RunUO, which is the creator of UO Emulators. UOGamers hosts multiple versions of UO- If you play UOGamers: Hybrid, you're playing the older version. Personally, I think the older version is more fun- its PvP does not rely on items at ALL. Games like Diablo 2, World of Warcraft, etc. have PvP that depends on items. Early versions of UO are by no means effected by items.

If you play UOGamers: Demise, you will be playing the newer version. This version's PvP is dependent on items.

If you play Defiance, Renaissance/T2A are the older versions. AOS/SE are the newer versions.

6. Ham Sammich

Ham Sammich New Member

Thanks guys. Anyone know how to go onto a WoW private server? I got 2 days before I go camping then when I get back I am going to add 60 days to my WoW account but I am bored for the 2 days until camping.

7. Sooka

Sooka New Member

I'm pretty sure there are no private WoW servers.

8. HamTard

HamTard New Member

There are, they just have very tiny populations so you can't actually do any of the hard raids. Oh, and most of them are modified to give more XP per kill and stuff.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2007
  9. Vistrix

Vistrix So Say We All

There are loads... Its just more fuss to get the game set up (gotta get correct patch etc).

For the best free mmorpg, I recommend Anarchy Online:
    http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?t=2714256

Only if you dont mind a Sci Fi theme from the traditional fantasy setting.

10. x916

x916 New Member

lineage 2

11. JasonKnight

JasonKnight OT Supporter

12. Draven2575

Draven2575 Taking one responsibility at a time

mofo INteresting when i get back home
    :bowdown: