Any GBA owners in here?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Oderus Urungus, Oct 22, 2002.

1. I finally bought a GameBoy Advance the other day along with Castlevania: HOD and am loving it. A backlight would have been nice but there are too many good games coming out for this system not to get one. Not to mention all the cool connectivity options you'll have with various GC games.

2. I've been thinking about getting a GBA for a while now, I'm just waiting for Pokemon Ruby & Sapphire

P.S. - Don't kill me

3. Gangrel5

Gangrel5 Guest

Yeah, I REALLY wish it were backlit. The afternmarket backlight is tricky to say the least, and mine was assgned to me for my work so it wouldn't be cool to fawk up the upgrade. Anyway, it's a descent little sysyem, and I love Castlevanie:CotM.

http://www.tritonlabs.com/Merchant4/merchant.mv

4. Terminator

Terminator Guest

Pardon my ignorance, but what is backlight? :o

I have my own GBA here. :big grin:

5. SFLegend

SFLegend .

Try playing your Gameboy Advance where there isn't good lighting. You probably can't see your screen at all. That's where the backlighting comes in...

If you like RPGs, pick up Golden Sun. It's a great game.

6. ItzLoud

ItzLoud Guest

umm... about that afterburner...

:big grin: :big grin: :big grin: :big grin:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i think it was $42 shipped. i like to play in the dark. great for car rides.

7. trez157

trez157 You can't trust freedom when it's not in your hand

I have one and just passed Harmony of Dissonance. Great game. No backliht sux though.l I need to invest in one

8. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

Easy mod? What gets soldered?

9. ItzLoud

ItzLoud Guest

if i had any tpye of sorting id know where the pics went for the internal shit...

but... pretty much two connections to the "mobo" and two to the light. then if used... two to the potentimeter (sp?) and two to the resistor.

thats not the hard part... sammiching all 3 layers and the case together and not loosing the placement is tricky. i just sliced a strip of 3m double sided sticky tape (the good dark grey stuff) and used the very edge to hold it in. thenn assembled and put the plastic screen cover on.

the instruction book its pretty well detailed except they should add better directions on the re-assemble part.

overall satifaction 5 of 5 :bigthumb: