Any filmmakers here?

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Squally, Feb 27, 2005.

1. Squally

Squally New Member

I kinda have been through into a very awesome situation where I'm directing a film that my friend and I have been working on for a little bit now. What we are doing is filming a short teaser for it that's being sent along with a treatment of the script to a few people that are going to look at it and ultimately give us a small independent budget. The cool thing is both of my main actors are friends with some high ups at Warner Independent so this is looking very good for me. Along with that I have just started development of a horror filck that's already generating some buzz with a few people I've talked to. Anyway, just wondering if there were any other filmmakers here. I'm going back to California the last week of May to go to the 2 month session at the New York Film Academy on Universal's lot, and I'm very excited about it.

2. rosencrantz

rosencrantz Guest

hey squally!! Filmmaker from Buffalo here, any time you want to talk pm me.

3. I'm a small time filmmaker, meaning I just got into the beez-neez and I'm not as educated as i'd like to be, but i love writing screenplays and directing. I hope to get more work once my shit gets off the ground :)

4. rosencrantz

rosencrantz Guest

have you thought of doing commercials? another way to learn is to ride on the coattails of someone close to you. :) or become a producer on a film about santa claus.

5. santa claus killed my dog. no deal ;)