COMIC Any fans of the new Thunderbolts?

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Sock, Jul 2, 2007.

1. Sock

Sock New Member

Really the last comic I expected to get into, but Warren Ellis has made it pretty fucking badass. Really cool concept, the team itself is too fucked up to function properly and for the first time Im seeing fights that actually have physical consequences for those involved. its not just guys kicking the crap out of other guys and being ok in the end. Paralysis, loss of limbs, brain damage... great stuff. Ill limit the details and spoilers, but a few small names and a pretty big name have all been royally fucked in the last 4 issues alone.

anyone else been keeping up?

2. Trungtastic

Trungtastic OT Supporter

I've been semi keeping up with this series. I'm actually not too thrilled with it :hs:

They regularly keep getting taken down by no names as far as I can tell

3. kelvs

kelvs OT Supporter

Book got big potential with Bullseye but then they paralyzed him. :ugh:

4. Sock

Sock New Member

haha, I thought the bullseye paralyzing was pretty badass. I figure as long as the comic has zero regard for who survives or what happens to who, itll continue to be pretty entertaining. And lets be serious, there are too many C rate heroes. Its about time they all start getting killed off/severely maimed.

5. axio

axio New Member

It has sucked since they tried to rip off Fight Club. New Thunderbolts isn't any better IMO. Marvel completely ruined Venom since they got rid of Eddie Brock, now he is a mindless POS.

6. CabbieNamedAxel

CabbieNamedAxel OTCC|SF OT Supporter

I agree about Venom, but it's still funny seeing some no name I've never heard of completely decimate these big time villains (well, if you consider the newly gay venom and bullseye big time villains)

7. kelvs

kelvs OT Supporter

:werd:

Venom used to have good character depth. But now he just eats people. :ugh:

And I loved how they tried to bring Nova down :rofl: Way out of their league.

8. tatzlwurm

tatzlwurm New Member

I'm still not sold on the concept of the new group, but I like it when writters add some depth to C-listers. Ellis did this with American Eagle, Black Sepulchre, and Steel Spider in the last arc. Deodato's art has been nice as well.