MIL Any ergonomics issues?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by dec_a21, Feb 15, 2008.

1. dec_a21

dec_a21 New Member

alright, I'm being forced to do an independent study project since i'll be withdrawing from my college courses early for a deployment. Instructors are really pushing me to do this project on an ergonomic issue related to the military in some way. Anyone have any issues with any specialized tools, equipments, vehicles, etc. - or any other idea that may be helpful. Thanks

IYAAYAS

2. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

The RG31 (mine resistant vehicle) was not made with American's wearing body armor in mind. We just don't fit in the seats very well. It was made with shorter and skinnier people, who are wearing nothing more than regular street clothing. After a few hours of bumping down the road, anyone sitting in the drivers or commander's seat will be in serious physical pain. Especially if you're the driver - for some reason that I have yet to figure out, the driver has about 12 inches less leg-room than the commander.

Probably not what you're looking for, but there ya go. :coolugh:

3. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

I like it when half of the fluorescent lights are on, but TSgt Jim wants a third of them on; he says it helps him read the screen better. I think a personal lighting source would be the best solution.