Any decent voice-recognition software out there?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Lusankya, Dec 24, 2003.

1. Lusankya

Lusankya Just try and eat me, bitch.

OK, what I'm trying to do is build a voice-control room. I have a lot of the hardware tricks figured out to operate lighting, doors, window shades, etc. By opening an application on the control comp (running Win98SE), the computer can tell a PCB to toggle the status of the component it controls (i.e. when LIGHTRF1.exe is opened, it sends a signal to the PCB controlling roof light 1 to either turn off the light if it is on, or vice versa).

Anyway, I need to find a decent voice-recognition program out there that I can customize to open and close programs upon hearing different commands. The software also has to have a 'listen' word which I can also customize, so that my house doesn't go crazy when I'm having a conversation. My ultimate goal is to be able to walk into my kitchen one morning and tell my computer to flick on the lights, start the coffeepot, open the blinds, play some music, check the thermostat (to come later) and read off my schedule for the day.

I used to have a program called Microsoft Voice, but that was back in the 90s and I forget the full extent of it's capabilities. If anyone knows where I can obtain another copy of MSVoice or knows of some better software, please share!

Oh, and Merry Christmas (or whatever you may celebrate)!

2. Zourn

Zourn 16-bit Ninja OT Supporter

I haven't used it, but i've heard that Dragon Naturally Speaking is supposed to be good.

3. CyberBullets

CyberBullets I reach to the sky, and call out your name. If I c

dragon is good but is still a hog.

one problem with all recon is that it takes a while to learn ur voice, and if there is background noise, there is a snowballs chance in hell it will pick u up.

my experiences with speech recon was rather poor for that program, and m$ office...

4. Penguin Man

Penguin Man Protect Your Digital Liberties

I remember Dragon being good back in the day... Should still be good I figure :dunno: