Any Decent Mods for a 98 A4 1.8t?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by beaniemak, May 12, 2003.

1. beaniemak

beaniemak New Member

Gf's bday is coming up and I dunno if there are any mods that I can get for her. Things in the $100-200 that she already has are a turbo timer and a head unit, but aside from that I dunno of any other things I can do to her car, does anyone have any suggestions?

2. curiousgeorgeM3

curiousgeorgeM3 naughty little monkey

How about a nice gear shift knob and e-brake handle? Or an alcantra leather shift boot and e-brake boot?

3. wnut

wnut Guest

these are a f*cking MUST.
    [​IMG]
    u'll need to do a little bit of fender trimming, and some re-wiring (unless u buy the harness)

then HID's!

4. beaniemak

beaniemak New Member

Hmm, I know the plastic molding surrounding the e-brake has broken off so that may be a good diea.

wnut or someone, could you fill me in on the headlight? If it isnt an HID then what is it? On her mom's car, she got those cheapo $15 HID wanna be's and wondered why they didnt perform as well as real HID's so I think she'd be wary of anything that simulates HID's without them actually being HID's. She is planning on getting real HID's for her car when she gets the money ~500, I think. So do you think this would be something worth while?

Last edited: May 13, 2003
  5. El Slotho

El Slotho Every hour wounds. The last one kills.

How about a nice E46 M3 lip spoiler that can fit on the trunk? it gives the car a nice accent, without being overtly large, and should come in around $150-$175 after painting.

If interested, places to source this include:

http://www.circlebmw.com

http://www.pacificbmw.com

Both have awesome prices on OEM BMW parts.

Last edited: May 13, 2003
  6. wnut

wnut Guest

those projectors i posted are known commonly as "e-codes" or european spec lights. the projector beam cut offs are much more generous. they're about $350 for halogens and $5 or 600 for HID's.

your other option is to buy us spec projectors, they look the same but with a exposed corner bulb and amber reflectors. you can find them used for about $200 HID or Halogen.

HID's you'll be looking at H7 D2S...stock temp is 4300k , the higher temp u go the bluer/purple the output. i currently have 6000k which is pretty much white.
    [​IMG]
    at 6300k these are a little bluer (old setup)
    [​IMG]
    excuse my beater rims =)

7. pharcyde183

pharcyde183 Nissan by nature

how about a 3" downpipe?

8. GoGophers

GoGophers New Member

snub mount or short shifter if it is a stick.