GUN Any decent 3x Aimpoint magnifier clones?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Market Garden, Aug 19, 2009.

1. Who knows where I can get a decent clone of an Aimpoint 3x magnifier? Srsly, it's a fucking tube with 2 lenses. No reticle, no turrets, no internals at all. I don't care if the glass is 5% less clear than the real Aimpoint one or whatever. I have found some that aren't direct clones, and they don't fit in the LaRue mount, so I am looking for one that's basically a copy of the Aimpoint.

2. Razardica

Razardica Active Member

The Vanaras one is ok. Check out EbayBanned (google it).

3. Floyd91

Floyd91 Active Member

Does Larue still sell the po boy?

4. Yeah, but they're on forever backorder.

5. Razardica

Razardica Active Member

Yeah, that one.

I've fucked with other magnified Vanaras products, and they were good. I have NOT messed with that one...but I would be surprised if they weren't kind of the same thing in a different shell.

I have a fake ACOG and it's great, the only thing that sucks is that the eye relief is not that good. It's still very usable though.

6. Shit. I might give it a try. LaRue isn't listing the Po boy on their site anymore now. I just checked. I will order the real mount from LaRue though.

7. Floyd91

Floyd91 Active Member

Yeah I couldn't find the po boy the other day. Hell of a deal when they had them though. Something like 180 with the mount :hs:

8. They were $200. Still, a good deal.

9. Floyd91

Floyd91 Active Member

10. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

I got one of those airsoft knock off magnifiers that I was going to try to use for a gun mounted camera but it didn't work. I can't say the optic is very good but I was hoping it would be good enough for a video cam. Anyway it's sitting in a box somewhere, if you want it I'll sell it cheap. Has some sort of mount on it too.

11. Might be interested. Are the optics at least clear enough that it's useful? Do you have pics of it?

12. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

I'll have to dig it out and take a picture of it. I got to find it first. It's in one of a 1/2 dozen boxes of random gun stuff I am meaning to do a internet garage sale on.

As far as clarity I would say not good enough for me. Honestly I think it's typical airsoft crap. More for fronting than for shooting.

13. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

actually I think it is the same exact one in that link above, that airsoft shit.

14. Is it clear enough to make out targets a few inches across at 200-300 yards?

15. thegooch

thegooch OT Supporter

16. I don't think it will work with a buis. The bell forces you to put the mount further back, and since the larue is only one slot away from the buis to begin with, I don't think there would be room.

17. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

A few inches across you got to be kidding me. A real aimpoint magnifier is not going to pick up 2" or 3" targets at 200 or 300. They are going to look like pin pricks.

To see something like that your going to need way more magnification. Like 6-9x

With a 4x optic you can see 10-12" steel plates at the mid 300's. They are not very big either.

18. Ok, well maybe not that small. I'm thinking of for something like Keesh's matches where we are engaging 8" steel over 200 yards. That can be hard to make out at distance when they're shot up and they blend with the rocks.

19. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

Honestly if it were me I would not even bother. Yes maybe you can see a 12" plate a 200 but not well enough to make a wind call if you miss. You won't see where you miss, etc. There is a reason it is a $50 optic.

If you really want to try it I sell it for $15 when I find it. I think I bought it for $25.

20. dpixel8

dpixel8 New Member

do want

21. Shit, for $15 I'll try it.

22. Ebtromba

Ebtromba Active Member

23. zumin3k

zumin3k New Member

24. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

I'm torn, sometimes I think one would be fun for the range when shooting at 100 yards with the t1 but then I think I should just put the cash toward an accupoint and get it over with.