Any DC trainers here?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Sylva, Jan 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sylva

Sylva New Member

Due to time constraints with work and school coming up, I might need/want to switch to a 3 day a week routine. Has anyone here actually used DC training for any extended period of time? I'm interested in your thoughts and results using this program.

ibfaggot

Who knows, I could not do this at all and just stick with what i'm doing. Just looking for some feedback from ppl that have used it.

2. NUDES

NUDES New Member

Ive always been interested in it. I think it llooks like a sound system. Will probably get you buck strong.

3. kopetzki

kopetzki Banned

I think Tumbles did it for a while

4. Sylva

Sylva New Member

Damn, got the Nudes seal of approval already, I'm in! :rofl:

But seriously, I agree.

5. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

I just don't like how all the exercises are machine-based

6. Sylva

Sylva New Member

They don't have to be, I think that's just how a lot of guys choose to do it since they workout alone. Even Dante says the free weights movements are fine and since I have a training partner i could use them and not worry about getting pinned/stuck etc.

7. NUDES

NUDES New Member

yeah you can use barbells. You just need a spot.

That guy shelby starnes and justin harris basically do DC but in a Push/Pull/Legs/Repeat format

8. Ceaze

I also like Myo-Reps better

9. Hood Moses

Hood Moses I part the Black Seas...

10. Ceaze

11. grimstone

grimstone magic murda bag OT Supporter

you thought about 5x5 or 5/3/1 those can be done 3 days a week

12. Sylva

Sylva New Member

Yes, but this offers more of what i'm looking for as far as hitting all the body parts.

13. Blade

Blade Time to swolercize

3 days a week of 5/3/1 works pretty good for me. it might be worth a shot.

14. NUDES

NUDES New Member

DC is more muscle gain oriented which I think Sylva is after. The goal of DC at the end of the day is just to build as much muscle as possible. The goal of 5/3/1 is to lay a foundation of strength and build sick lifts.

The funny thing is 5/3/1 is pretty similar to DC without the rest pause, at least for the bench, overhead, squat, deadlift- as you go (or should) go balls out on your last set of 5/3/1.

I think the best part about DC is that it is one of the only BB "routines" that acknowledges strength = size.

15. JeremyD

JeremyD New Member

I gained weight, got stronger, but my joints ached way more and I stalled out quickly. I also got bored. haha. I do better with more days in the gym.

16. Tumbles

Tumbles New Member

I did a lower volume routine (1 all-out workset per exercise) and incorporated dc style rest/pause occasionally, and did the wms for legs for a good 3/4 of this past year.

Thing with dc is its almost essential to have a training partner unless your gym has a lot of great machines, and you have to be really good at pushing yourself (which most people aren't, though based on sylva's progress i would say he can do this)

someday i want to try it though, like nudes said it focuses on getting stronger which a lot of people seem to forget while chasing the pump or some gay shit like that. every successful bb got big by adding tons of weight to the bar and eating im not sure why anyone with that goal wouldn't train similarly.

17. NUDES

NUDES New Member

If you have good recovery you can do 4x a week apparently.

I think the best principle is the strength = size. If you took your 275x5 incline to 315x5 you'd be bigger. That mentality is lost on a lot of people wanting to be "bodybuilders". People chase feeling pumped during a workout when an actual pump doesnt do shit for muscle growth.

18. Sylva

Sylva New Member

Truth, and like you said it also focuses on getting stronger, its just more muscle size oriented than 5/3/1, which i like.

I definitely think i'll give it a try coming up soon.

Jeremy, how long before you felt you stalled out on it?

19. Mass

Mass Active Member

I do a routine with Phil hermon and it's very close to dc and you get real strong real fast but you do get frustrated trying to beat the log book and it just beats you up, I've never had to deal with tendinitis issues before I started this style, all in all I really like it, I would just have an alternative routine to throw in there and I would really do dc when I was on "supplements"

20. romostud22

romostud22 New Member

I'm kinda doing it.... I've noticed gains in chest/legs after just three weeks... Everything else has stayed constant (diet/sleep/jackingoff). So I like it and I'm gonna keep doing it till something else strikes my interest.

21. Tumbles

Tumbles New Member

interested in how you "kinda" do dc

22. The Grid

The Grid OT Supporter

Been doing DC training for the past 4.5 years and i still do it now (mixed in other training b/c of boredom/change of pace but those added up only lasted about 9 months).

I know pretty much everything about it so if you have any ?'s I can try to help. I would have tried to have Dante train me but he doesn't take clients anymore and hasn't for a while.

My gains have been good. Hard to gauge what "good" gains are b/c I only trained 2 years seriously before this so i dont really know how to compare it to other systems. But i've blown past EVERYONE who trains in my gym over the years (relatively). I also know there is a limit on how fast you can gain muscle and i think this program lets me get near my max so I'm happy to stick with it. I'm consistently setting PR's in the gym and gaining size with not much BF (i have a very strict diet and i finally figured out what my body needs to gain a lot of muscle with little BF).

I'm decently strong for my size i think (thx to the program) but not that big... i feel like i should be bigger compared to how strong i am. I'm 6'2 @ 210lbs currently and have decent abs so I'm around ~9-10% BF.

I have old journals somewhere but the only ones i have on my PC say this:
    june 2008: deads 425x6 (this is done end of a workout mind you)
    jan 2010: deads 500x8
    i also cut for about 7 months (got too fat for my tastes. also had lots of distractions in my life) in 2009 so my gains could have been even better

when i first started out on DC my strength gains blew up very fast... but there's a lot of variables there: 1- wasnt that strong to begin with so semi noob gains 2- was on a higher vol program i made myself which wasn't optimal for my body type... when i started DC I would add 5-10lbs on deads every time i did them and maybe add 1-2 reps (you do deads 1x every 6th workout)

all in all - I got progressively stronger which i believe is the best way to get the biggest size gains (assuming you have a solid diet in place)

PS - i don't, nor have ever used any steroids/illegal shit or any prohormone OTC stuff, despite what my user name says lol

23. romostud22

romostud22 New Member

I'm following what my bro is having me do. He kinda laid out a plan for me..and it seems to be working so I'm gonna stick to it.

For example:

Last Monday
    flat bb press
    12 reps warmup
    12 reps warmup
    8-10 rep range for the work set...wait 20 seconds
    go again till failure...wait 20 seconds
    go again till failure
    hold db at a deep flye stretch for 90 seconds

and i kinda have most of my exercises built up around that. Like I said, it seems to be working pretty well... I like it. maybe that's not DC and I'm just retarded....but my friend calls these kind of sets "rest pause" and I read that in this thread and kinda put the two together...

24. kopetzki

kopetzki Banned

is there a good writeup anywhere for this program?

25. Tumbles

Tumbles New Member

nah sounds like it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.