MIL Any Commissioned Army Officers Care To School Me On LDAC aka BOLC1?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Immortal1, Apr 30, 2007.

1. Immortal1

Immortal1 New Member

I've been gathering do's and don'ts for awhile now but a few more never hurt. I was just wondering if any of you had tips, tricks, words of advice, or even funny stories. Thanks :wavey:

2. Nixstress

Nixstress Look at me! I am edgy and stabby! OT Supporter

LDAC for my class was well over a decade ago. I had no idea you were so much younger than me... then again it seems like everyone on OT is alot younger than me :joshers:

Edit: Except for Ranger :bigthumb:

3. MumblingJoe169

MumblingJoe169 New Member

well, bring a mosquito net, hang out on aisforarmy.com, dont be a spotlight ranger(in other words, dont screw your buddies when your not in a leadership position and then act like patton and yell at people when they aren't exactly moving mountains to help you out), triple cheeseburgers and grilled cheese in the DFac :yum:, take your cell phone(they will take it away a few days in and give it back a few days before you leave, no matter what they tell you, EVERYONE drinks at the airport on their way home, exchange emails so you can look each other up on facebook and exchange pictures.

Camp is a breeze. Its ALL tac dependent. You might be the 2nd coming of Audie Murphy and you won't get an E if your garrison Tacs suck, but have a good time anyways. Else your gonna be miserable for 30 days. I had a good squad, and I still keep in touch with a couple of the guys i met there. Oh, and don't go trying to have sex in a skookum. Its 30 days, keep it in your pants.

4. Immortal1

Immortal1 New Member

skookum love FTL. i've been hearing horror stories about these mystical monkey bars...any input?

5. Drunk Bastard Audio

Drunk Bastard Audio New Member

Non-ROTC glad, so no help here.

6. kazimer

kazimer New Member

i wish i could help you out but i was a college option OCS guy

7. Morton

Morton New Member

Which Reg? I'm 7th, June 25-July 27.

8. Immortal1

Immortal1 New Member

10th July 5 to August 7 I believe. Are you bringing black or tan boots? I was issued two pairs of black ICB's which I equate to mickey mouse boots because they feel so big compared to Altama leathers, which we call "speedskates", due to their performance on snow.

Anyways, I looked into selling them on eBay but they weren't worth shit. The info packet we received stated we could bring "LIN 60315, boot, hot weather, brown." whatever the fuck that is, I couldn't find them through google and I don't wanna show up and get yelled at.

9. Immortal1

Immortal1 New Member

oh yea, how many kids is your school sending?

10. MumblingJoe169

last year they just wore regular issue tan boots. I didn't get the memo and had my crappy old boots.
    I was 7th Reg last year
    and whats this about the monkey bars?

11. shiba

shiba Active Member

7th reg? What platoon were you in?

LDAC is definately a piece of cake. I saw people who knew nothing at all about OPORDs and tactics still graduate with a "S". You definately want to bring a mosquito net to cover your face because the bug spray dosent do jack. Bring one of those all weather field books and have a skeleton OPORD in there if you are weak with them. I suggest you get the 9 nine down and learn how to use the radio properly. Then you'll be the first choice for RTO during patrol lanes and although it might be heavy, you won't have to deal with setting up the patrol base. Also do not volunteer to carry the M-60. You only get 50 rounds and once thats gone (usually after the first mission) its just dead weight.

12. Gatsby

Gatsby New Member

Fucking Gary Owen baby...Gary fucking Owen. Get used to it.

Obviously I was 7th Reg. About 3 years ago.

The most striking thing I got from LDAC...NCO's and Officers telling me "In 18+ months you will be in Iraq"...fuckers were right. :hsugh:

What they don't tell you is how much of a ride you are going to be on.

Everyone is going to be a spot light ranger. Don't worry about it, it's near impossible not to be. Especially after a couple of nights in the field. Just don't be one when it's not necessary (aka in garrison). '

When I graduated we didn't have myspace or facebook, but keeping in touch shouldn't be too hard.

It's nearly impossible to get kicked out of LDAC. Evaluators are pretty much scolded for giving "n"s.

Pass the PT test, and do slide for life and you pass the camp. It's that easy.

When I went through, the LT's were real aholes on the PT test. Now adays they have really lightened up, and it's not as big of a deal. The Run will be around the WF area, and it's 3 laps (GET TO THE FRONT OF START LINE).

The DFACs is great. They feed you as much as you want.

Definatly take your cell phone, they are getting more lax on it. And I wouldn't be surprised if they allow it full time soon - like they do at LTC.

And the biggest piece of advice that if you are to take away anything, take this with you....Just remember the Army is extremely small. Your reputation begins there. People WILL remember you.

I see people I graduated LDAC with all the time. And I'm just glad I left them with a positive attitude of myself. So remember that, and keep that in mind, and you should be alright.

13. Morton

Morton New Member

Wondered the same thing myself, I asked my Cadre if I could bring my black gortex boots for the field and they haven't given me an answer yet.

We are sending ten cadets this summer. We're a pretty small school, our program is only about the size of a platoon.

14. Gatsby

Gatsby New Member

Take them, if you can't have them, they will lock them up in the conex.

15. shiba

shiba Active Member

didn't you transition to ACUs yet? In which case the tan boots are part of the uniform.

16. Immortal1

Immortal1 New Member

negative. all cadets attending must be in BDU's. those with orders for airborne or air assault received a few pairs of ACU's as well

17. We are going to go to ACUs the beginning of next semester. Still in BDUs here. :o

18. Morton

Morton New Member

We're half and half. MS IIIs and IVs have ACUs while Is and IIs are still in BDUs.

19. Gatsby

Gatsby New Member

You are going to be happy to have BDU's there.

20. MumblingJoe169

Bravo Troop 3rd PLT 1 Squad
    And you? Yea I heard a few of our female nurses cried on their lanes and still didn't get an N. One of them even got an overall E!!! I've always felt that anytime females can regularly excel at anything it must be retarded. Tacs can be morons though. I had a few pogue Tacs screw me out of Es in garrisson.

If you need a skeleton OPORD, i have a decent one, just PM me your email.

I volunteered for the 60. I got my APL eval out of the way on the first lane, and had no SL evals. So i figured id keep myself busy. bad choice. Went apeshit on the rounds in the first lane, got some grass stuck in the loader while i was reloading, jam, pull charging handle, got it stuck. Pulled again so hard i tore the entire handle off the 60. SF NCO just shook his head at me and said he had never seen anyone do that to a 60. I was kinda proud, cept i had to walk for like 3 days with a broken paperweight.

youd be dumb not to bring them.
    You can pretty much take WHATEVER the fuck you want. hell you could bring a hooker, a tv, and a cadillac. All they are gonna do is put them in the conex(or in a drawer if its a sensitive electronic device) lock it up, and give it to you before you leave

Last edited: May 2, 2007
  21. MumblingJoe169

so many 7th Reg guys here

hey Nugent, good to see the tradition was around before i got there. Guys in my squad started the trend this summer of using Garry fuckin Owened as a verb. As in, dude, 2nd night in a row with watch, im tired of getting Garry Owened.

Man this dumb fuck cadet 1st SGT just put cold weather gear on the goddamn packing list to the range and its 90 degrees outside. Garry Fuckin Owened AGAIN

Listen to the Nuge young cadet. You will constantly run into guys in your year class from LDAC and OBC from what i hear. Be a cool guy. I got along famously with my platoon, and i wasn't a douchebag. Other guys in our platoon didn't come across the same way. Its a reputation that will follow you everywhere my man.

Like I said about the DFAC, be a man and ask for the triple cheeseburger with a grilled cheese and fries. I cant believe i ate that once every two days and still lost weight.

And the PT Test, we took it in groups according to platoon, so there wasnt a big herd at the start line waiting to run over each other. We were a minute or two seperated.
    And they are still dicks on pushups. Have perfect form, use all 2 minutes, and exagerate the form at first when they are being stricter about grading. Practice doing it now, and you'll do fine. Just dont get mad when you still lose a few to the grader. Im telling you right now its gonna happen.

22. Gatsby

Gatsby New Member

lol, no we never used it as a verb. Which is amazing because it sounds funny but good.

The DFAC was one of the best. I ate triple cheeseburgers, french fries (sometiems mashed tators too), twice a day. And yea, I lost weight too.

They must have wised up on the PT test. My entire Bravo Troop took it together. I knowing I was not a fast runner decided to be nice and get to the back. What a mistake that was. I ran about 45 seconds slower there than usual.

The hardest PT test you will take will be at LDAC. They don't scrutinize your push ups/sit ups in the real army.

23. Immortal1

Immortal1 New Member

i never really caught onto what you guys were talking about in reference to gary owen but i told a few of my buddies to keep theirs ears open for it since they are 7th reg this summer.

in other news, i just bought a pair of tan and black all leather altamas for a total of 22 bucks off ebay. broken in which is a plus and hopefully not smelly. oh well, beats paying almost 200 for 2 new pairs and still having to break them in.

ldacistan 07 here i come

24. Gatsby

Gatsby New Member

Every regiment has a motto and and a greeting. 7th Reg is gary owen. They take it to the extreme though, you will be saying it everywhere. When entering into the chow hall you count off "1 gary owen, 2 gary owen, 3 gary owen".

Don't buy too much. You will get ALOT of shit in the Army. I have about 7 pairs of boots.

25. MumblingJoe169

1 gary owened, dos gary owened, drei gary owened, 4 gary coleman, 5 gary cooper

we had fun with it