Any Cisco Call Manager Express people?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Maffy29, Oct 4, 2008.

1. Maffy29

Maffy29 Active Member

Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry8330/4.3.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

I know this might be a longshot, but I figure I would try anyway.

I am working on a project with voip phones. All sites in this project are connected to the LAN with cat5 or fiber. One site is unable to call out on their voip phones. We can call into them and all other devices have connectivity. Configs have been checked and I am the "new set of eyes" on the issue. There is a firewall between us. Could that be blocking something? If so,what would I look for?

Any insight would be appreciated. I will check back off and on tomorrow to answer any additional questions.

2. Cthalupa

Cthalupa New Member

Do any of the others have firewalls? Have you compared the configs on them, if so? How about your ACLs/route maps? voip vlan config? Could be a whole lot of things

3. Maffy29

Maffy29 Active Member

Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry8330/4.3.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

We are going to look at the ACL today. Might be that.

4. 7960

7960 New Member

It's not firewalls or acls.

If you can call in but they can't call out it's either the dial plan, dial peers, destination pattern, or digit manipulation.

Check the site that doesn't work against a site that is working. Go line by line and make sure those are all set up exactly like they should be.

5. Maffy29

Maffy29 Active Member

Would it make any difference that they can call amongst themselves?

6. 7960

7960 New Member

maybe.

check a site that can call out and compare it to a site that can't...maybe even two working sites compared to the one that can't.

literally print the sh run and go line-by-line. you're going to find an error in the site that doesn't work but only if you carefully read each character.

7. Patch

Patch New Member

I had this problem once, turned out a line of code was missing.

Check on the site that can't dial out and ensure that the codec has been entered. Check also the IP's of the destination pattern.

8. Maffy29

Maffy29 Active Member

We fixed it. I wasn't there at the time, but I guess the error had something to do with the outgoing port. It wasn't binded or something. I never got a full explanation.