LGBT Any better?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by elgrapadora, Dec 12, 2006.

1. elgrapadora

elgrapadora New Member

Im in hs, turning 18 in Jan, pretty much miserable. Lack of people to go out with in HS, specifically guys. Does it get any better in college, because Im desperate for a decent relationship with a guy, had one last year for about a week but the guy was a manwhore =\. I keep telling myself to look forward to june to get out of school.
    So does it get any better after this?

2. ExDelayed

ExDelayed New Member

Depends on the crowd that you move around with.

Guys (or girls if you were straight) can sense that you are desperate, just keep that in mind. If I knew that the guy I met for a first date was desperate, I probably wouldnt go for a second. IMHO, meet people, have fun and it will happen. :)

3. suckmyexhaust

suckmyexhaust New Member

Well look at the area your going to be going to school at is my first piece of advice. 2nd, see if that location has a chapter of PRIDE, Glaad or any LBGT organization on campus. 3rd... hang out in the music dept and find out who's looking at who.

I am in Tampa and can say the amount of real good guys to man whores is like 1 outta 50 up here. If you do happen to find a good one, send his friend down my way:wavey:

4. spiffy_badrock

spiffy_badrock I'm sorry, if you were right, I'd agree with you.

All depends on the school, for instance I go to an art school that claims to be liberal but is really crazy homophobic.

5. 2500

2500 Guest

i found its better after college. HS was dry, period. college years was alot of manwhore finding and alot of older guys wanting young ass. now that i'm almost 25, its gotten better. cuz your too old for the real young ones, and the older ones think your too old, so, you meet alot of mature people, your own age, looking for the same thing. not that i'm looking, cuz i'm with someone, but, thats what i've kind of gathered.

6. Sam Gamgee

Sam Gamgee Every tool is a weapon if you hold it right. OT Supporter

it gets much better....

Your 20s will be a time of experimentation, making the friends that you'll have for the rest of your life... figuring out what you like and don't like, what is and is not acceptable to you, etc...

And in your 30s, life is pretty damned great... you've got stuff figured out... you're in your groove... you've got people around you that you love and who love you...

It definitely gets better...

7. elgrapadora

elgrapadora New Member

I really appreciate the help, Ive been told that I have the patience(sp?) of a saint, though that patience is wearing thin when it comes to relationships. The two i had with guys were one date stints and I cant really call them a "relationship" Just wish I had more oppertunities in HS than just two...le sigh

8. justintyme

justintyme New Member

It gets a lot better. I always new I was gay in HS, but was too nervous to try to initiate anything. I finally went online in college and found my first boyfriend. I didn't meet him until my first yr and I was 19. Just be careful meeting people online. It was cool because Nick and I met online and he happened to be in the dorm right across the parking lot! We are not together anymore, but it was just puppy love then. Don't expect to have a mature long term relationship your first time.

9. RedGoober4Life

RedGoober4Life New Member

College depends on you. :)

10. UpPy

UpPy Guest

Soon as YOU get all the answers...

..they'll change the questions.

Count on it.

:wavey:

11. Josey

Josey New Member

College = fuck...I don't remember much of college...

12. elgrapadora

elgrapadora New Member

Im not expecting a long, long relationship, atleast something better than a one day stint..

13. justintyme

justintyme New Member

I know, but at that time I thought the first person I met would be the one. It is funny how perception and understanding of relationships change when you grow and mature.

14. elgrapadora

elgrapadora New Member

Im just hoping for some sort of a relationship thats atleast longer than one day/date..

15. RyRy

RyRy Active Member

I hope you are right Mr. Gamgee, I hope you are right.. although I won't be in my 30s for a few years :o Fuck... 30 is just under 5 years away.. .:eek3::wtc: