Any BES admins?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by TheHunter, Oct 25, 2007.

1. TheHunter

TheHunter Unprofessional Lurker

Need some help if possible gang...

Getting ready to install a new BES (first and only) at a customers location.

Any idea how long it takes from start to finish? This will be BES 4.1x for Exchange on it's own box running server 2003 R2. Install will include prep on the server through to turn up of service for approx 6 users.

I don't have any worries about getting it done, just have never actually done it before even though I've had to admin a few existing BES before.

Thanks in advance

2. 5Gen_Prelude

5Gen_Prelude There might not be an "I" in the word "Team", but

Definaely read ALL of the instructions (lengthy but worth it). The amount of time if you follow all of the instructions carefully is a couple of hours. And do yourself a favour - don't let an admin have a BB ;)

3. TheHunter

TheHunter Unprofessional Lurker

Well... we pretty much manage all of this companies infrastructure. They were tired of the limitations of PoP based BlackBerries so we are moving their mail in-house to exchange as well as implementing a BES... if they have the cash to throw around, I'm more than happy to get it done.

Thanks for the answer 5Gen. I've downloaded all of RIM's docs as well as a few from BlackBerryForums.com. I don't see this as being to big of a hassle.

4. 5Gen_Prelude

5Gen_Prelude There might not be an "I" in the word "Team", but

What I meant about the admins is that there are special requirements to get BES to work with an admin account. If you HAVE to do this, work on getting a regular user up and running first.