WEB Any ASP.Net guys in here?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by f/2.8L, Sep 8, 2008.

1. f/2.8L

f/2.8L New Member

I'm pretty sure I'll have plenty of questions in the near future for some of you ASP.Net guys. I have a project on my plate that will most likely tax my already limited .Net skills. Yes, I'm fairly new to it, as I'm trying to transition myself from an ILE RPG programmer over to the .Net world.

New project details...

Allow site visitors to request up to 3 leather swatches, which will then be filled and mailed(Postal, not e-mail) to the requestor. Setting up the database and adding the content to the site won't be the issue for me. The issue will come with treating it sort of like a shopping cart in that I need to allow them to pick and choose, while saving their selections and allowing them to remove or add at any time. Basically, it'll be just like a shopping cart, except there will be no monetary transactions involved. The user will simply be creating a list of swatches they'd like to receive from us.

Should I be stressed? :o

2. crazybenf

crazybenf Active Member

You can't email leather? News to me.

I work in asp.net Visual Studio 2008 ftw.

3. f/2.8L

f/2.8L New Member

:rofl: Just making sure someone didn't mistake that as one of those e-mail to friend type of requests.

Any thoughts as to how I should approach this? All data will reside on an AS/400, the asp.net side will handle the user selection process. I think I'd also like to allow them to sort their selections in various ways. Anything to make it more user friendly.

Visual Studio 2005 here. :wtc: