MIL Any Army recruiters on here?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by tattooed_sailor, Nov 26, 2007.

1. tattooed_sailor

tattooed_sailor New Member

I'm thinking about signing up, and want some input. I talked to the recruiting station here and they are pushing me to sign up for SF training. (I am well aware of the fact that I am very likely to fail said training. This does not in any way make me less excited about signing up for it)
    I am currently an inactive reserve E-5 (Navy), so I am (theoretically) eligible for Warrant school. I've not filled out any of the paperwork or applications yet. I was wondering if anyone had anything to interject.

2. Dont be a faggot. If you get a shot at SF do it. I wanna do that shit.

3. tattooed_sailor

Believe me I want to go. I just want some advice from someone who is not benefiting from my signing up.

4. well in a way we are all benefiting :hsugh:

5. tattooed_sailor

Are you military?

6. crazynova

crazynova OT Supporter

Go to forums.military.com They have a recruiting section with retired and current recruiters, and there is a lot off good info to be had over there.

7. tattooed_sailor

Thanks. I've been a member over there for a while, but had totally forgotten about it.

8. Maffy29

Maffy29 Active Member

Just so you know, if you fail out of SF, you go into the pool for "needs of the Army". Its better to sign up as something else that you would want to do and then go to SF from there.

9. Fireman68w

Fireman68w Banned

they try to get everyone to do SF training. They know that alot will fail out anyways. If your confident you can make it then go for it.

10. tattooed_sailor

After further research it looks like the recruiter was full of shit (which does not surprise me at all)

I would only be able to go into SF (18X) as an enlisted guy. Warrant is not gonna happen.

11. tattooed_sailor

I'm in pretty good shape and I'm pretty confident that I could make it. I've already got rank which will transfer over, so its not as if I'm gonna be a pvt. I would rather be infantry if I cannot go SF, so I'm not worried.

12. I'm a contracted cadet so the answer is only on the mornings of MWF and all day thursday.

13. tattooed_sailor

Well thank you for your input :hsugh:

14. bassjunky

bassjunky I'm baaaaa-ack!

:werd: That's exactly the way to go right there. ANY MOS can go for SF as long as you meet the minimum requirements. PFC, what is it, 70% on each event under the 18-21 year old bracket on the APFT and pass a physical...

15. tattooed_sailor

Screw that. I'm not about to sign up for something that is my second choice. Its a defeatist attitude.

16. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

Right. Never have a backup plan on anything. Don't bother with getting CLS qualified either - it's just a crutch.

The contract you sign with the military is all about one of two things. You either lock in the options you want, or you lay on your back with your legs up around your ears and wait to see what happens. This isn't about motivation or determination - it's about a legal contract that protects your interests. Things that you have zero control over can fuck up your plans to go SF. Lock in what you want in case something happens to block your path. Anything else is nothing less than stupidity.

17. tattooed_sailor

Maybe you don't quite understand. I'm not a fresh recruit who is considering going to basic. If I do decide to join, I will be headed off to WTC, after which I will be an E-5 again anyway. My second choice if I failed out of SF would be 11B anyway, so its not a big concern. I would only bother to sign up with an 18X contract. Period. Anything less would be a waste of my time.

18. no problem buddy :)