GUN Any AR builders in MD

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by vtwin650, Jan 20, 2006.

1. vtwin650

vtwin650 New Member

I'm thinking about putting together an AR. Is it worth all of the hoops you have to jump through in MD or should I just buy one outright? I'm looking at the Rock River Kit and then buying a lower from an FFL here.

Any thoughts from AR guys in MD would be appreciated. Besides the suggestion to move to Virginia that is.:o

2. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

What hoops do you have to jump through in MD?

3. CString

CString New Member

flaming ones :eek3:

4. eWRXshun

eWRXshun hai

you looking to have an upper built or just a lower?

lower's easy, do it yourself.

i built my 1st lower a couple days ago using the RRA kit and 2 stage trigger.

put it together using an allen key as a pin punch and a 12ga snap cap as something with which to bang the pins into place.

all in all, very simple. only part that wasn't was getting the front detent pin in place and holding the spring/pin down while trying to slide it in. shot out god knows how many times but managed to get it in using a bookmark to hold the spring flush w/ the receiver.

5. vtwin650

vtwin650 New Member

I want to buy the RRA upper kit and purchase a stripped lower from an FFL here.

Do I have to get the assembled gun approved by the State Police or the ATF or anything? Or can I just assemble it and have a legal AR?

I'm really looking for MD specific info becasue of our backwards gun laws here.

6. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The lower gets transfered by an FFL holder thats the part thats considered a firearm, stripped or complete the lower is the gun. If you have some state registration laws that you have to register an AR then the same is true if your building one.