SRS Any alternatives to Xanex?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Want2race, Oct 10, 2007.

1. Want2race

Want2race Fearless

This isnt a druggy thread.
    I have pretty serious hypertension and anxiety lately and the doctor said "maybe you should try Xanex"

Now the thing is I dont really want to take any drugs. The last one I took was Effexor and that was a bitch to get off of!

Is there anything else out there to deal with Anxiety?

2. ledzep73

ledzep73 New Member

What do you do to relax?

3. Want2race

Want2race Fearless

watch Tv,Run, shoot things

4. konrad109

konrad109 New Member

Whats your diet like? Eat less sugary and processed foods and more whole grain oats and fish, it might reduce your anxiety level.

I also find that socializing regularly with several different groups (like at work, with old friends, with new friends at some gym or social club) is very helpful in reducing my anxiety.

Do you know what the source of your anxiety is? Like is there anything in particular you are worried about or is it just a general feeling of nervousness or needing to do something?

5. Guerilla Grower

Guerilla Grower New Member

Once you have your diet/exercise worked out, go from there.

I have to say though, Xanax is one of the worse drugs in terms of withdrawls, so I'd really suggest that being a last resort or a very short term solution.

6. Want2race

Want2race Fearless

I have a class that i need to graduate and may not pass. Not because im not trying but because of the teachers communication skills.

Diet is awesome.. I think this is all mental

7. konrad109

konrad109 New Member

Is it giving you panic attacks? That sound like a legitimate problem, and your anxiety is a way of telling you its time to take action. Talk to the professor or the dean about your concerns. Pills should only be for mental problems that are not connected to current real world issues, and then only as a last resort if you really just cant handle it.

You're failing a class: you should feel anxious, and that anxiety should force you to try harder or find another means of getting through that class. If you start popping pills you're gonna feel like everything is okay and keep right on failling that class. If its giving you panic attacks and you can't fuction because of it, then it might be a good time to talk to your doctor.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2007
  8. beefybeef87

beefybeef87 New Member