MIL Any Air National Guardmans here? (choosing bases)

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by kevolushin, Apr 29, 2008.

1. kevolushin

kevolushin New Member

I'm getting ready to choose my base assignment and about 10 choices to train in Airfield Operations.
    Eastover, SC
    New London, NC
    Johnstown, PA
    Portsmouth, NH
    Meridian, MS
    Klamath Falls, OR
    Alexandria, LA
    Cheyenne, WY

Just wondering if anybody knew anything about these bases. I'm leaning towards going over to the Eastcoast just because I don't really like being landlocked. :hsugh:

2. Hahawhat?

Hahawhat? New Member

Usually ANG people stay at home and go to a base close by. Never heard of an ANG member who wants to move becasue of his one weekend a month.

3. ElCidKid

ElCidKid New Member

McEntire is pretty cool, F-16 Wing its really close to Columbia which is nice, or you could live about an hour away on the coast. Nice weather, beaches, both Columbia and Charleston are college towns.

4. nsxrebel

nsxrebel New Member

:werd: I did meet some people that moved out here to California, but they got an AGR position. We do have a few people that live in AZ and do their drills in CA, but I've never heard of anything like going across the country.

5. kevolushin

kevolushin New Member

Maybe I should've given some more info. I'm Air Force and when I commission next year I'm gonna be training with the ANG for Airfield Operations (13MX) for about 2 years. I'll do some training with them, then probably get stationed at another base. That's the list of bases I was given to choose from for my training.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2008