MIL Any air force people?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by pharcyde183, Aug 10, 2009.

1. pharcyde183

pharcyde183 Nissan by nature

I'd like to get in as an officer but i'm over the maximum weight. I have heard both sides from air force people so i'm trying to get it straight... Can I be accepted if I meet weight requirements by my ship off date, or do I have to be within requirements before they will even consider me. Since ship off dates are many months ahead it would make sense to me that weight must be met by that date. I've even heard from one person that there have been some allowed in if they met requirements by end of training even.

2. FuzzyBunny

FuzzyBunny I Doubt It

3. 7960

7960 New Member

moved, but I left a 3-day redirect in on topic.

4. pmoney

pmoney OT Supporter

just start running

pushups is easy

5. NisAznMonk

NisAznMonk New Member

Depending on how far off you are most recruiters won't even look at you until you are close to your ship off weight. They want to make sure that their time is spent on someone who will follow through. Fix your eating habits, and start working out. When you are about 5lbs off then start the process of enlisting/commissioning.

6. pullmancrew

pullmancrew New Member

^im with them,

and it depends are you trying to do OTS or what? cause if it's ROTC you have sometime to lose your weight, if its OTS you need to shed the pounds ASAP its pretty tough to get in in the first place...

7. Julio

Julio New Member

my friend was interested in joining after he saw I enlisten(still awaiting basic training ship date) and he talked to the recruiter but he told him based on his heigh and weight he would have to lose 20lbs. He got discouraged and figured he was done. Last week he came with me to the recruiters office, I had to pick up DLAB paperwork. He asked him again about the weight and said a no go. But he said if he had "taped him" I said I dont remember him doing so. He got out the tape measure and due to the size of his neck his body fat? was right at 20% the limit. He said he wouldnt start processing just yet because it could change but he ageed if he lost 4-5 he would process. So get measured?

8. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

No gym for home?

9. CharlieMike762

CharlieMike762 Ride or die...

Smoke yourself...eat better...Lose the weight. All depends on how important it is to you and if the Military is a commitment you are ready to saddle up to.

10. jmx2323

jmx2323 OT Supporter

no recruiter is gonna send you to meps overweight, the board will see that you cant even meet the simple requirments before your in the AF and with health/PT kick the AF is on right now you wont even be competitive.

11. wayno

wayno New Member

If you're talking OTS, then you're receiving some good advice here. They're looking for a reason to drop you, and they'll ride you harder if you're not meeting better than minimum standards at day 1.

12. teabagn

teabagn New Member

Even when I was thinking of enlisting in the Air Force, the recruiter wanted me 2 pounds below the max weight. even though my bodyfat % was well under the requirement

13. scottiemac

scottiemac It's time to shoot some hot dogs!

like everyone says, start kicking your ass in the gym. when i started talking to the recruiters, i was like 20-30 lbs overweight. but i busted my ass with diet and running. weighed in with 8 lbs to spare. it was worth it.