Any advice on my system?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Savage Kabbage, Feb 19, 2004.

1. Savage Kabbage

Savage Kabbage New Member

This is going to be my first "real system", and I want to do it right the first time. Going after SQL. I will most likely be dynamatting the whole car.

Alpine H700 (haven't decided on amps yet)
    CDT Euro Sport Components in the front
    CDT CL6x coaxials in the back.
    Eclipse 10" Titanium Subwoofer (Should I get 2 of these?)

There will be no head unit. An in-car computer will be going to the h700. I was told that it would be good to get a center channel to take full advantage of the h700, where/how should I mount this?

Thanks.

2. Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid New Member

Well, I dunno about the rest of the equipment, but I've had bad experiences with eclipse subs. I love their amps, but just had bad experiences with the drivers and suspensions going on me after 6-8 months of "normal" usage

3. amill94

amill94 OT Supporter

YEah as far as Eclipse goes their amps and headunits are better than their speakers. I'd go with a JBL 12w6v2 or mabye a 12w7. Instead of 2 10's just one 12 will sound good. That is what I used to run.

4. Dr.EtNiEs

Dr.EtNiEs Guest

hey what computer u runnin.. i had a G-net in my old car was fucin mint

5. Savage Kabbage

Savage Kabbage New Member

I'm most likely going to be running a 2.4 HT Mini-Itx. Theyre tiny and I can most likely mount the whole thing inside the dash behind the screen, or in the armrest. Gonna power it with an inverter and a shutdown controller, so it will turn on when I start the car, and shutdown when i turn off the car.

6. Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid New Member

where can you get a shutdown controller? I've got my server setup for manual startup and shutdown, and if you forget to turn off the server before the car windows fucks up majorly.

7. Broken Puppy

Broken Puppy Guest

Add fire. That is all.