A&P Any Adobe Premiere Pro users?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by MSTRBKR, Jul 4, 2008.

1. MSTRBKR

MSTRBKR New Member

I'm hoping to cut together something similar to this...

http://www.dvorak.org/blog/?p=18073

But I have the entire movie in 720p .avi format :bowdown:

Basically, I want to keep the video quality, cut all the good stuff into a sequence and overlay music.

So far, I've matched the document to the speed and quality of the import file and got the video on the timeline. But can't find out how to cut pieces away.

Any help would be great :hs:

2. Creator

Creator The Creator Has a Master Plan

Premiere sucks but it should be as simple as importing the clip and cutting it up. Source file format shouldnt matter as long as premiere can import it. Just drag on the time line and use the cut/splice/razor/etc tool. Simpest thing one can do in an editing program... have you just never used it before?

3. MSTRBKR

MSTRBKR New Member

Never used it :hs:

Found the razor tool and am using that.

A question about audio. There is no audio track displayed on the timeline. Does that mean there is no sound with the video? I don't want the sound anyway, I just wondered.

4. tenplanescrashing

tenplanescrashing Active Member

from my experience, yes. some video recorders just don't work for edits like this. My little Sony P100 p&s does .mpg video and the audioworks if I play the file but if I input it into Adobe Premiere or Final Cut, the audio is lost.

Depending on the file, you may need to somehow extract the audio first then add both files to the sequence before you can edit/cut. I know that QT Pro will do it.

5. MSTRBKR

MSTRBKR New Member

Good info, thanks.

Well for this project I don't need the original soundtrack so I don't need to worry about that :wiggle:

That vid in hi def is so nice, I can't wait to have this done :drool: