SRS anxiety

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by radfad88, Jul 6, 2008.

1. radfad88

radfad88 The Batman-O-Lantern

Mar 13, 2007
    Last night I had another anxiety attack, this time it was much worse than the times before. I've never had a problem with anxiety or experienced anything like this before... it's all developed over the last year or so.

I won't even get into all the things that started it, but suddenly I had this feeling of complete terror and uneasiness. I began to think of my life "as a whole" as I kept telling my boyfriend last night and I couldn't stop either crying or just freaking out. My boyfriend came over around 1am after I called him 5 times and he couldn't calm me down. I literally felt "crazy". I kept telling him that I didn't KNOW what was wrong but that something was definitely really wrong.

After he got to my house I felt a little bit better, but it still took me a couple of hours to fall asleep. I had to be at work by 6:30 this morning so needless to say, I'm tired!

The biggest problem I have with all of this is feeling totally out of control. Bringing my boyfriend into all of it is terrible too, I don't want to make him feel like he has to come take care of me. I really hate myself for letting things unravel and not being able to contain my own emotions. I was given 1 Rx for xanex from the school's infirmary last semester, but they only gave me 12 .25 mg pills and I used them during finals week.

Of course I know that the best thing to do is to go talk to a doctor, but I really just wanted to get some feedback from you guys... how do you deal with random anxiety like this? Do you have something that helps you cope? Are you medicated on a daily basis or do you just take something when you feel it coming on? Also, if I go to just a normal counselor, will he/she be able to get me on meds or do I need to go to a physciatrist?

I just feel really jittery and crazy :ugh:
  2. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Sep 1, 2006
    There is always a reason for an anxiety attack. Whether you want to admit it is another thing.

I used to have horrible anxeity attacks years ago now (and some here and there during stressful times) for reasons I knew and accepted, but I still had them and had to cope with them. When they started it became worse because I'd sit there telling myself to calm down, which only adds more anxiety...Anywho, back then is when I went to a therapist to talk about what was going on in my life that was causing me so much stress. That alone helped and she put me on Zoloft. I only took it for a year and in the meantime changed a lot of my life around. Both combined I think really helped me and now I rarely get them because my life is much better.

The best advice I can give is to put your head between your legs and breathe very deeply when it starts. Try not to think. While I understand you feel a little embarrassed about your bf seeing you that way either have him or someone try and talk to you. I always found someone just being there and talking to you through it helps tremendously :) Also, possibly think about just seeing a therapist :dunno: You don't necessarily have to go on meds to decrease your anxiety.