SRS Anxiety?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by EvilGT, Aug 25, 2007.

1. EvilGT

EvilGT New Member

For some reason I always assume people have negative thoughts about me or are talking behind my back. Even my friends and the people I work with, although I get along with everyone just fine. Whats my problem?

2. ninethirtyfive

ninethirtyfive New Member

You should see a psychologist. Seriously.

3. MudRacer4x4

MudRacer4x4 New Member

i have general anxiety. and no drugs have helped me only hurt me. i suggest therapy

4. Hellcat

Hellcat New Member

You could see a psych doctor...or you could take a step back from your self-centeredness and realize that the world isn't about you. Don't you think that people have better things to think about than concerning themselves with plotting your downfall or talking about you?

But I'd say you might have paranoia/anxiety, depending on how your thoughts are. If the attempt to shift your self-focused paradigm doesn't work, then try a doctor.

5. EvilGT

EvilGT New Member

Thats good advice. Thanks. Its just here and there but ill try no to be so self centered.

6. Terra Matris

Terra Matris Guest

you could be experiencing alot of different things: anxiety, depression, OCD, paranoia, stress, etc.; and these can just be situational and not neurological.

You need to seek professional help from a qualified counselor; and then you will find the peace that you seek.

7. chucklenut

chucklenut New Member

just remember that no one is out to get you unless you give them one. you havent. so your okay.

8. Hellcat

Hellcat New Member

I had that advice given to me before when I was thinking the same type of thoughts. It's a good reality/modesty check.

9. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

You've become a victim of the paranoid. Lets have a look at the root cause of it. You can control yourself, this gives you reassurance, but you can't control others. Normally a person would let that go, they only worry about the things they can control in life because they can change those things, they don't worry about the things they can't change in life, because they can't change it anyway so its pointless to worry about it.

Paranoia sets in when a persons brain tries to take control over things that it can't take control over. Some people are paranoid about getting a certain disease, they worry their whole life about it, maby for many many years and then they finally goto a doctor who says they are just fine = years of your life wasted on worrying. The same thing can be said for your situation, i never said it to you but imagine i think very bad about you, imagine i think you are a son of a bitch, and an asshole i want you dead actually. Why would you care about it? You can't change the fact that i might think about you in a negative way if you don't even know for sure about it. Stop worrying about the things you can't change in life, only worry about the things you can change in your life. That way you bring the power of your life back where it belongs, namely in YOUR hands.

What other people think about you, is their problem not yours.

10. EvilGT

EvilGT New Member

Wow thanks. Great advice from everyone.Thanks.