SRS Anxiety over friends (anonymous post)

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Darketernal, Jul 22, 2006.

1. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

About three years ago I was friends with a good group of poeple, and we were good friends for about a year. I don't know what sparked it, but they started drifting away from me, for example they didn't call me to hang out anymore, along those lines. I'm not the kind of person who likes to invite myself to hang out, I always want an invite from my friends. So about a few months after, I could tell I wasn't friends at all anymore. When I saw them around they wouldn't even say hi. Well this year I started getting to know one of the persons in that group again. He invited me to hang out with them. Of course I was glad to be friends with them again.

Now the same thing is happening, where I am drifting away from them, and almost at the point where I am just not friends with them anymore. This is causing me sooo much anxiety, knowing I am going to have to endure what I already have. I don't need answers like, "invite them to hangout, because I am pretty sure my friendship with them is already over. I am pretty much fealing depressed/anxious about all of this considering I am going to have to start my Senior year with now friends. BTW i'm in HS :o

2. konrad109

konrad109 New Member

Sounds like they weren't really your friends, and they used you. A lot of groups like to use a scapegoat as a bonding tool. By excluding or making fun of someone they get to bond together and make themselves feel exclusive. Its not necessarily personal, for some reason you were just an easy mark.

You may have issues with standing up for yourself. Don't let these people use you anymore and break contact with them. You will find some real friends out there.

3. Timdog

Timdog New Member

It's HS, I've learned that friendships can be broken so easily in HS. I only have 3 real friends at school and a bunch of other "friends" who I get along with but I wouldn't really fully trust them. Many HS kids are pretty immature and many are also experiencing a lot of changes in themselves. Why do you have to be friends with this particular group anyway? Why not just find some other people who won't just stop hanging out with you? It can't be that hard. I do it with a very small class size. :dunno: