SRS anxiety? i dont know....

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Eat Shit, May 28, 2009.

1. Eat Shit

Eat Shit OT Supporter

Lately all I do is over analyze everything Its getting so bad down to stupid daily decisions from the minute i wake up, until i fall asleep.

Normally I like to double think major decisions like anyone else, but lately i constantly weigh out all my odds down to the smallest shit. I can never ever come to a decision anymore to ease my mind, it just keeps going.... I used to be able to contemplate a few things if needed, and simply figure it out and be fine :wtc:

It seems, I run so many scenarios to the point I wind up just confusing myself and I cant even remember half of the crap I probably previously decided on.

I cant do anything anymore to relax, as my mind just doesn't stop with this useless shit. I Look back on my day and don't enjoy things as much because my mind is always elsewhere trying to figure things out. Not only that but I see I spent my whole day stressing about useless nonsense that makes no difference at the end of my day!!!!! I've noticed i waste a lot of time deciding on what to do or how do it rather than actually doing something productive.

I've never really had anxiety issues before like this or really even at all in comparison, so im having a hard time understanding it.

2. Crawling Dead

Crawling Dead Gz-TeRRoR

Examples would be nice.

Exactly to what extent does this poblem go to? I mean, is it only big decisions like should i divorce my wife? Or smaller ones like, should I have pizza or lasagna for dinner?

Either way, the best advice would be not to sweat the small stuff. And if its a big enough decision for you to worry about it all day, try writing things down. Make a list of the pros and cons of whatever outcome to decision you are trying to make. At the very least it will give you something to look back on when you need to remember what you were thinking about later on in your day.

3. KateyKet

KateyKet New Member

I have had problems in the past with this as well, but to the point where my mind would race all day and night. I would not sleep a wink because my mind would just go on and on. Reading books and meditation music helped a bit. I was like this in my early 20's now in late 20's and I have a grip on my mind now. It will pass, but if you can't take the anxiety go to a doctor and tell em' what you're feeling and you'll get xanax or something similar.

4. Eat Shit

Eat Shit OT Supporter

Its typically small things, like which way should I take home from work, or what am i going to do after work. Just typically about pointless stupid bullshit.

Big decisions dont bother me....

5. Crawling Dead

Crawling Dead Gz-TeRRoR

Personaly, I'm against medication to cure things like anxiety and other such "diseases." But thats my personal opinion. If you feel as though its enough of a problem in your life that you need meds, thats a choice that is up to you. Go see your doctor, or perhaps a psychologist.

6. seismic

seismic New Member

Start off with simple things. When you start freaking out about something, slowly count to ten and try and forget about it. If you can't, see a doctor and ask if they have any advice.

I had pretty bad anxiety problems in school. I'd get hives during tests, etc. Wellbutrin helped me a lot, but it also took away my appetite and made me lose 40lbs, so that wasn't so great.

7. blackbirdbeatle

blackbirdbeatle New Member

SSRI's probably. Or The Worry Cure. Probably the best book out there for this.

Watch out for SSRI's though, your sex drive may plummet and withdrawal is a bitch. On the plus side when you do get horny you'll last as long as you want if that's a problem for you.

Or you can take a combination of 5-HTP and Rhodiola to boost up your seratonin and lose the anxiety the "natural" way. I only say natural because one's a herb and it's over the counter and little to no withdrawal and minimal side effects like sex drive loss but it does the same thing as an SSRI.

8. Eat Shit

Eat Shit OT Supporter

I want to see a doctor, but unfortunately funds and non insurance make that pretty difficult for me. the thought of taking something has got me spinning even more. I dont want to become dependant on something, im in no mindset to be able to manage something like that. I cant even pinpoint my specific issues....

I'm thinking about trying to get some xanax, but im scared of venturing down another path i dont want to fuck with thats going to make things worse for me, but im desperate for some temporarly relief :wtc:

I've been on SSRI's before. I think.
    effoxor/depakote/etc.... nothing seemed to do anything for me and I was taking them for depression. Life was shitty at the time, Things have turned around and I feel fine in that aspect. I really hated being on medicine everyday, not knowing if it was helping me or not. I Always was trying to interpret my situation to see if things where changing, etc.... and overall i felt they never made me feel any different.

Last edited: May 28, 2009
  9. blackbirdbeatle

Tons of exercise, sun, and good quality fish/krill oil. That seems to be the trifecta of non clinical depression. Of course the exercise will help you with anxiety as well. I think of the little things all the time and exercise really helps.

But seriously, read the worry cure and buy some Rhodiola.

10. Abomb

Abomb New Member

why is rhodiola so amazing?

11. blackbirdbeatle

I gets rid of many people's anxiety completely. At the same time it gives you amazing energy. It optimizes the level of serotonin so that's why it works well with 5-HTP. If you believe in this stuff it's also touted to be a great adaptogen as well. I know it has for me and if that's just a placebo then it's a cheap placebo anyway.

They are just starting to do human studies and so far they are confirming what people have said about depression and the herb. There are also studies where taking the herb increased attention and memory by up to 90%. Similar results with errors in editing.

Oh ya, it makes you horny as well. Good if you are increasing your serotonin levels or preventing a loss of them with an SSRI or 5-HTP.

12. Abomb

Abomb New Member

it increases sex drive and energy and reduces depression and anxiety? im going to vitamin shoppe after work and loading up.

13. OhHai

OhHai New Member

Seriously, sounds like a steal !

14. blackbirdbeatle

Lol it affects people differently. I can't take even the littlest bit of Effexor without going to sleep and I can't take Rhodiola after midday or else I'll be up too late.

Some (Most) people lose their sex drives on an SSRI and it actually increase in some. For some Rhodiola doesn't increase thier sex drive.

I was never depressed so I can't speak to that (I can just point to studies) but it did rid me of my anxiety until I actually learned how to deal with it without taking anything. Of course my libido is rampant anyway so maybe I shouldnt' take it anymore. It does level your mood though.

It doesn't conflict with any medications so it couldn't hurt to try a bottle.

15. Abomb

Abomb New Member

do i take 500mg a day or 1000mg ( 2 capsules) ?

16. blackbirdbeatle

Not 1000mg. That's really high. 500 is more than enough and many people start with less or even 250 taken twice a day. It's a pain to break a capsule in half so just take 1 500 capsule earlier in the day.

17. Abomb

Abomb New Member

thanks. ill do that. some webpages say its gods gift to this planet while other webpages say that its worthless and theres inconclusive evidence saying it helps with anything

18. blackbirdbeatle

It's probably somewhere in between. I know the energy isn't due to the placebo because it literally feels like I drank 5 espresso's for the afternoon. And that was before I knew it did anything.

But it's a herb, and not a well researched herb like garlic so all the claims I made will vary.

19. Eat Shit

Eat Shit OT Supporter

I'm not to thrilled about trying some nonsense but I guess its better than nothing atm,
    Where'd u find it? Take any yet?

20. seismic

seismic New Member

Can we use a little more careful language when it comes to supplements? I'm hearing a lot of "this medicine does this" without any research posted. If you're going to make claims that it does something, prove it, please. I'm really hesitant to believe that this miracle medication will give you unlimited drive and energy.

Your sales pitch is making me want to buy some. >_<

21. blackbirdbeatle

Lol it's not a sales pitch, I wanted to tell what it does for me and that it was a good alternative to SSRI's when combined with 5-htp (Which is proven as it's a natural presursor to seratonin, just in a higher dose). Don't take it if you are chronically tired, clinically depressed, impotent, etc... It won't help. I'm not a doctor and you are all adults so I hope you use your best judgement on this.

There is no known complications with existing medicine and the toxicitiy level is very high so at most you will throw away your money. I just watched terminator instead of drag me to hell so I can appreciate what it's like to lose $12.

As for the studies, I'll try to find a way to post the ones I get through my library but it's usually subscription based so I it's tough to link.

In the meantime, just search pubmed:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/...nel.Pubmed_DefaultReportPanel.Pubmed_RVDocSum

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15256690?ordinalpos=1&itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_DiscoveryPanel.Pubmed_Discovery_RA&linkpos=4&log$=relatedarticles&logdbfrom=pubmed

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19016404?ordinalpos=1&itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_DiscoveryPanel.Pubmed_Discovery_RA&linkpos=1&log$=relatedarticles&logdbfrom=pubmed

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/...nel.Pubmed_DefaultReportPanel.Pubmed_RVDocSum

22. seismic

seismic New Member

Thanks! I was really interested in it when I thought it was supposed to give energy. I'm tired all the time. Mostly I think it's from bad diet, but it's hard to get up and get going without a little boost to get you started. :)

23. Eat Shit

Eat Shit OT Supporter

So whats the later....

24. blackbirdbeatle

It provides a similar result as an SSRI but through a different method. An SSRI prevents the loss of the serotonin you already have (Which sucks if you have low levels to begin with) and 5-HTP is a precursor to serotonin, so it causes your brain to produce more serotonin.

It also has fewer side effects and they are usually milder.

25. Abomb

Abomb New Member

ive been taking it for 3 or 4 days now and ive been feeling better and increased libido