SRS Anxiety ... dizziness??

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Scoiland, Nov 20, 2006.

1. Scoiland

Scoiland New Member

I have been dizzy for the past 6 months on and off

Sometiems it will be really bad and last for like 2 weeks then i will feel alot better for 2 weeks then i twill come on again

it started when i went out and got really drunk and ever since then i haven't been the same....

can anxiety and stress cause this much dizziness and does anyone else have a similar experience?

2. Sloi

Sloi Back up in your ass with the resurrection

For what it's worth, a little bit of lightheadedness is a symptom of anxiety and I've had it on and off as well. It doesn't really bother me anymore because I know it's psychosomatic, so I just shrug it off.

3. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

I had that happen once after a night of getting drunk. I woke up feeling shitty and figured I was just hung over and I tried to force myself to shake it off cause I had to work. I tried to make breakfast but I couldn't even stand up long enough to do that cause I was so dizzy so I just went back to bed. I woke up later and was still really dizzy and stayed that way for a couple days. I went to the doctor and they told me I had labyrithitis(sp?). They gave me some antibotics for it and it cleared it up. I'm not sure if that's the same thing you have or how long it lasts if you don't treat it but you definately need to get to a doctor.

4. Sloi

5. Sloi

I don't know if that helps anyone recognize that kind of "dizziness", but I...

- don't have a balance problem
    - feel like I've had 2 hard alcohol shots
    - don't have it when I'm busy with something like playing a game

Basically, when I get bothered by it, I feel like going to bed. Anyone else get that? I've gone through all the tests like chest xrays, blood checks, EKG, blood pressure checks, stethoscope... so I'm reasonably confident that it's not a heart or lung problem. However, I don't have an answer as to what it could be.

6. Scoiland

Scoiland New Member

what kind of antibotics did they give you ??

how did they diagnose labyrithinitis because that is what i think i got after doing intensive research

7. Scoiland

Scoiland New Member

how did they diagnose your labry ??

8. i killed tupac

i killed tupac New Member

yep, it's anxiety, and its exactly what happened to me. I thought inner ear infection, who knows what. Thats just how my anxiety manifested itself, diziness, headaches, dispersonalization and light headedness.

9. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

I can't remember what they gave me but it worked. They didn't really do much of anything to diagnose it, it was 2 years ago so I don't remember a whole lot but I do remember thinking "that's it?". They asked me a few questions and I think they might have taken blood. He just said that it had been going around lately and if the antibiotics didn't work to come back.

10. Scoiland

Scoiland New Member

11. 2500

2500 Guest

a common misconception with anxiety is feeling "dizzy." most people with anxiety will go to Drs and have claims of being "dizzy" so the Dr will check for inner ear problems, head problems, and that stuff. i used to say i was "dizzy" all the time with my anxiety, but, being dizzy is an off balance feeling. thats not what most have with anxiety. with my anxiety, i had the more correct term, depersonalization. a feeling of, being outside of yourself, like you are viewing the world from behind your eyes, mixed with a feeling of lightheadedness, and like, you need to sit down. i belive thats what your suffering from. most say thats dizzy, because, its the best way to describe it, till you hear the term "depersonalization" or "derealization." its all a mental thing, hence why it doesn't happen when your busy. the more you shrug it off, the less it'll happen. however if you feel the problem is more serious, see a Dr. what other symptoms of anxiety do you have?

12. i killed tupac

exactly

13. Scoiland

Scoiland New Member

what are some symptons of anxiety ???

like i grind my teeth at night and durning the day i know that because i wear a retaniner at night and it is worn down

what are some symptons of anxiety ?

14. i killed tupac

you would know.

for me, i would just be standing in a "normal situation", ie, grocery shopping, and be suddenly gripped with an INTENSE FEAR for no apparent reason. Lights would get bright, sounds very loud, i'd get light headed, and run. Think of the most scared you have ever been in your life, like a car wreck or something, and imagine feeling that all of a sudden just standing there.

15. Sloi

That sounds a lot more like a panic attack.

16. Scoiland

Scoiland New Member

when i am shopping i get really dizzy

however, i wetn to vegas recently and when i was there i never noticed the dizzienss at all and i was up for like 2 days straight lol

would this imply that it coudl be anxiety induced?