SRS Anxiety about moving

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Ty Webb, Oct 29, 2009.

1. Ty Webb

Ty Webb You don't have to go to college. This isn't Russia

Most likely i'll be moving in the next month or so for a new job. I'm 27. Have all my friends and family here at home. My girlfriend got a job where I am flying to Monday so the company I interviewed with can make me an offer. I'm shitting my pants about it though. Have not been anywhere but where I am now. Been with the same job for 7 years. Went to college here. It's what I know. So now I am venturing into unknown territory and am shitting myself about it. It's all positive opportunity, but I think of all the things I will be missing and it overwhelms the positive facts about the situation and that I pretty much have a job 16 hours (drive) away from home. Hard to control it. My girlfriend is absurdly excited about the situation, but me on the other hand, I know I have to do it, but i'm frightened. I just had to vent a little. :Sadwavey: Sorry about the formatting. I'm using a proxy site at work and it doesn't work the way it should.

2. 7960

7960 New Member

it's probably going to be an adventure. you'll definitely grow as a person.......I was excited to move away when I got my first big boy job. I knew I'd eventually work my way back, but the time I was there was kick ass!

3. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

my stepdad once said "whats the big deal? worst case, you move home." its helped me many times when some big change has come into my life that i have been both excited and reluctant for.

if you hate the city, the job, are too lonely, etc etc, you can always go back. might not be the smartest option to quit the job or spend the money moving all your things back, but its still an option, no matter what.

its scary to make a big move like that, but its exhilarating too.

4. OniMinion

OniMinion ...recalls when this forum was actually about cars OT Supporter

I never felt anxiety about moving, but without fail I always get sick after the last box gets put inside. Usually a fever/flu-like symptoms. It's a very stressful thing to learn to call a new location home.

Live life.

5. Aviv

Aviv OT Supporter

It may take some time to adjust, but at least you have your girlfriend with you. That will make a huge difference. And it doesn't necessarily have to be permanent.

6. Ty Webb

Ty Webb You don't have to go to college. This isn't Russia

She will be out there maybe a month or so after me. I do have my best friends about 20 minutes from where I am expecting to live.

The thing that bothers me the most is that I can't just drop by my dads anymore when I want and work on cars with him and just having that time together. That means more to me than almost anything and it's gonna be hard to let go of that.