MIL anthrax vaccination

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by FEELSGOODMEN, Jan 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FEELSGOODMEN

FEELSGOODMEN New Member

My Command is deploying in March to the gulf.

Friday we got our first Anthrax shots. Yesterday was fine but today i feel horrible! My shoulder feels like I got hit with a baseball bat. Head is pounding!

How long should i feel this bad??

2. PlutoBHG

PlutoBHG New Member

arm should be sore for about a week, the rest of your pain is probly from something else...

3. TRN

TRN Well-Known Member

It will hurt for a good couple of days.

Enjoy! :o

4. Insdav3

Insdav3 Guest

I will refuse the anthrax vaccine until I part from the service. I was fortunate enough to have a rash at the time when we got the shots so I didn't get it. Deformed babies ftl.

5. Insdav3

Insdav3 Guest

6. jjski78

jjski78 New Member

Shoulda declined it. Will they make your life hell, yes. Can they really do anything about it..no. A group just successfully sued the DOD over the Anthrax shots. They were a bunch of people that got kicked out back in the day for refusing it. Well, lo and behold, the court system actually works sometimes and ruled against the DOD. I find it funny how they push a shot that not only has more side effects (some life-threatening) than benefits. And, it's NOT EFFECTIVE AGAINST WEAPONS GRADE ANTHRAX!

7. ustfdes

ustfdes LPC ID: 20394

I received 4 of the Anthrax vaccine shots before i deployed....and then got my wife pregnant 10 months later.....my son is 2 years old and just fine.

and no, i don't agree with the shots at all, but the deformed baby thing is a bit over the top.

8. widds2v

widds2v Active Member

not to mention death is like .0005% of cases. severe affects are slightly above that.

9. BeatKonducta

BeatKonducta New Member

mine only hurt for about 10 mins :dunno:

i have my 2nd one coming when i get to qatar :o

10. ustfdes

lol the second one was the worst for me....burned my entire arm for like 10 minutes.....so much that i found it hard to sign the roster afterwards, and had to shake my arm the entire time as if it were asleep. :)

....you still have the option to deny it, as the anthrax threat is much lower than radiological threats....so, while there is to 100% effective radiation prevention, the potassium iodide pill would be your best bet....and would surely have a better chance of becoming useful than the anthrax vaccine (unless you are a dairy farmer:squint: )

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

(methinks it matters not, either way!)

11. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

just get the fucking shot. :rolleyes:

It isn't going to kill you. You aren't going to make monster babies. And your dick will not fall off. Stop crying about some conspiracy theory you read about on the internet. Roll up your fucking sleeve and get your fucking immunization, you little pansy ass crybaby. :crying:

12. Insdav3

Insdav3 Guest

Yes, don't question anything. Go be a good puppet.

13. willijdub

willijdub New Member

i got 3 anthrax shots, no pain at all, no soreness/swelling or anything. i thougth it was wierd considering the reactions of most everyone else. I am worried though about the side effects and such like the birth defects possibilities.

14. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

15. Ranger-AO

:tinfoilhat:

16. evan2

evan2 Guest

You guys are all pussies...Ive had about 6 anthrax shots and not one ever hurt or stung like everyone says

small pox...now that is an annoying shot

and typhoid makes me sore

17. jjski78

jjski78 New Member

Ok, tell that to my friend who got admitted to Landstuhl (sp?) before even getting to Kuwait because the Anthrax shot caused him to become a giant open sore. Lesions covered his body, and the doctor there told him that yes, the anthrax shot caused it, and yes, if he hadn't gotten to the hospital that day he would more than likely be dead. Or, how about my friend whos lungs just started bleeding out of nowhere. Again, directly linked to the Anthrax shot. Or me, who has developed Asthma after being perfectly healthy, up until I got a series of 6 mandatory Anthrax shots that is.

So yeah, go ahead, take the shot, be a good little lemming, and have fun with all the shit its doing to you that you may not even realize until years down the road.

18. jjski78

jjski78 New Member

Not when it's an unlawful order.:wiggle:

And the supreme court ruled it as unlawful.

19. Insdav3

Insdav3 Guest

20. 98dirtybird

98dirtybird OT Supporter

I thought it said vacation.

21. Ranger-AO

I call bullshit.

22. Insdav3

Insdav3 Guest

Marine i worked with became completely paralyzed when we hit kuwait because of it.

23. greenpillow

greenpillow New Member

where does it say that the you do not have to get the vaccination not more then 8 months ago they were saying something else.

24. Ranger-AO

Everyone in my Battalion received the Anthrax series at the same times. Not one person had an adverse side-effect, other than soreness or minor swelling at the injection site. Not one.

I call bullshit on one person personally seeing three near-fatal or serious reactions with three completely different symptoms. I also call bullshit on someone becoming paralyzed because of the anthrax shot several days or weeks after the injection. Out of the hundreds of thousands of anthrax injections that have been given, there are only 5 known instances of paralysis even possibly being linked to the anthrax antivirus - which is about the same number that have been potentially linked to the hepatitus vaccines, and I don't see anyone running away from those.

source:
    United States Department of Health and Human Services, Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), Public Health Service (PHS), Food and Drug Administration (FDA) / Centers for Disease Control (CDC), Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) 1990 - last month, CDC WONDER On-line Database Accessed at http://wonder.cdc.gov/vaers.html on Jan 22, 2008 12:27:43 AM

So yeah. I call bullshit. Take the fucking shot and stop your fucking crying.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2008
  25. ustfdes

while some people may be hyper-sensitive to the vaccine and react adversely, i highly doubt that any of those people are members of OT.

does anyone here deny the FLU vaccine? I do, simply because i tend to get a mild flu following the shot every time.....i've been shot free for 4 years, and flu free for 4 years. BUT as far as the anthrax thing goes, it's simply a matter of injecting something in your body that isn't necessary.

i wouldnt botox my face because i dont necessarily feel that injecting botulinism (sp?) toxin into your body is a very good idea. however, the anthrax thing didnt bother me at the time because it was one of those things that was like "oh well, everyone else is getting the shot. so i might as well."

the choice is a free one, make it. i don't think there will be a difference either way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.