Anthlon Amd64 or Intel

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Inferno, Jun 1, 2005.

1. Inferno

Inferno Guest

Im stuck, Im building a new pc to order on a site, I always thought that I wanted an AMD64 4000+ But looking at reviews lately I've read It has a slower clock speed than An Intel4 (2.4Ghz for the amd/3.2 for the intel), I've also read that the amd Is good for gaming due to its large cache. But I'd like your advise please :hs:

2. JimboJones

JimboJones Guest

Clock speed is not everything. I believe that the AMD64 4000+ will beat a 3.2 GHz P4 in every benchmark. The 3.8 GHz P4 might win in some benchmarks, but the 4000+ is probably the better part. If you are buildung it for gaming, then I would definitely suggest an Athlon 64.

3. 4W4K3

4W4K3 New Member

Exactly, the GHz son't determine the speed of the processor all together. I would definetly get a 4000+ over a 3.2 P4. AMD and Intel are both great for gaming, but the general accepted truth is AMD usually leads in gaming and Intel in multi-processing applications.

4. RyanL

RyanL OT Supporter

5. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

Neither intel nor amd is best at everything. It depends entirely on what you do with your system.

6. JaJae

JaJae New Member

Clockspeed doesn't matter between brands. Figure your clockspeed similar to your RPMs on a car. Third gear at 5000rpm on a pinto is not third gear 5000rpm on a corvette. This is a huge overstatement when comparing Intell and AMD, but the AMD does more with less clock speed.

7. Inferno

Inferno Guest

Thanks a bunch guys :bowdown: