Antenna/radio reception help

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by andymodem, Jan 3, 2003.

1. andymodem

andymodem Ambitious, but rubbish.

This will probably be long, but bear with me. My car is a 1998 Acura Integra GS. I had a Pioneer 7200 deck in my car, worked wonderfully, then I did the S2000 antenna conversion, and the reception was crap. Well i was too lazy to put the stock one back on so i left it alone. A couple of weeks ago i had an Alpine CDA-7894 deck put in while i still had the s2k antenna installed and the radio reception was a little better, but still sounded terrible. When scanning for stations the deck would just constantly scan and not stop at any frequencies. So this last weekend i took out the s2k antenna and put the stock one back in exactly the way it was before i took it out. Turned on the deck and changed it to radio, the antenna went up, and damn, my reception still sucks. :mad: Just to make sure it wasn't the deck's fault, i hooked up my old stock acura deck and the reception was even worse with that deck. Anyone know what the problem could be and how i could go about fixing it??? I've triple checked it and everything is hooked up right.

2. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

you some how manged to put a knick in the wire or unpluged it some where you didnt knwo about