Antec Sonata second case fan HELP PLEASE

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by GuOD, Dec 31, 2004.

1. GuOD

GuOD mcflurry diet

I decided to get a second fan to help keep my system cool but I was wondering which way I am supposed to face it? The fan is mounted behind the internal drives.. Should it push air towards the back fan or push it towards the front of the case which is closed?

Also, do all the fans spin counterclockwise?

If anyone could help that'd be great :x:

2. Dominion

Dominion I believe you have my stapler.

If you look on the sides of the fan itself you SHOULD find arrows. One will tell you which way the fan is blowing the air and the other will tell you which way the fan blades are rotating.

As for mounting the fans, I'm not familiar with your case. But my suggestion is this, whatever you do make sure you have the same if not MORE fans blowing out as blowing in. If you have less air coming out of the PC than air going in, you're going to be cycling hot air.

My suggestion is this. Rear fans are out. Side fans are in. Top fans are out. Front fans are in. So put your front fan blowing air in and your rear fan taking it out. If possible, get the CFM ratings of all your fansin the case and add them up. Try to get the out CFM rating to match as close as possible (more isn't a bad thing, just not TOO much more) to the CFM rating of in.

3. toekneedahtiger

toekneedahtiger New Member

I have this case too and it was to my understanding that installing a fan in the front would act as an intake, therefore blowing in cool air. That's just what I've always heard or thought was rational.

4. XR250rdr

XR250rdr OT Supporter

Fan in the bottom front should be drawing air into the case

5. GuOD

GuOD mcflurry diet

I don't see where it can draw air from though.. my HDD is right infront of it. O well.

Does anyone know a cheap place to get rubber grommets?? Those special rubber screws to keep fans attached quietly, specific to sonatas

6. XR250rdr

XR250rdr OT Supporter

It'll draw air through the slots just fine.

Just email antec about the grommets.