A&P Another thread... please critique... DigiRebXT w/ EF 50mm f/1.8

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by coughlin's law, Sep 3, 2007.

1. Went back out, too a few pics... got bored nothing really captured my attention today...

Explored more with aperature, and also with shutter speed... the only thing done one of these images was auto adjust... enjoy! :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. dano

dano OT Supporter

I showed these people your pictures:

[​IMG]

But seriously now, the second one is alright. A longer shutter speed would have been nicer though.

The first one is just downright blah, and the third one I can tell you made an attempt at having that mirror image look going on but it didn't work out. The windows reflect different things and the rails aren't entirely lined up either, along with that pole with the engraving on it to the right side.

That lens dominates in low light, go out at night.

3. I've been meaning to go out, but in a small city in the Dakotas, there really isn't anything good -- no official skyline. The first one was just a fun focus one, just to show what the EF can focus.

2nd picture -- thank you, the shutter speed was 1/10th...

3rd -- was just messing around seeing how good a shot, just on shutter would turn out, it was 1/60th, and I know it was a little crooked, I shot it out of my truck window, I should have got out :hs:

4. UnNakedChef

UnNakedChef 2jz Sackrider Holder

#1 might be the worst shot I've ever seen posted with a DSLR. The rest are just blah. Try working with better light and just keep shooting. :dunno:

5. I kept adjust the white balance, between sunlight and shade... I didn't really care for auto white balance

6. NJGuy

NJGuy "Fuckmefuckmefuckmefuckmef uckmefuckmefuckmefuckm OT Supporter

meh... auto ftw... then tweak it when you get it on the pc.
    much easier imo.

Only time I could see myself using manual wb is for setup shots.
    portraits, bride/groom, stuff like that.