another suiting question

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by rOOster14, Aug 30, 2009.

1. rOOster14

rOOster14 New Member

hey everybody,
    i am looking to buy two new suits.

being that i havent had a suit since early highschool i am certainly due for one as i will be interviewing for jobs/internships as i enter my senior year of college.

i have gotten by with slacks/shirts/ties etc but as of now i am insistent to get two new suits.

my thoughts are leaning towards a dark suit and either a brown or navy suit.

my problem is I really do not know where to go to find a respectable suit in a moderate price range. While i would love to pick up a sick nasty designer suit, i am indeed a college kid and i desperately need to save some money and not look like a beggar at the same time.
    as far as my size/shape goes, i am 5 11 and 195lbs, athletic, larger shoulders. 16 1/2 neck, 34x32 slacks.
    please offer up some recommendations, thanks a lot everybody.

2. spooky

spooky OT Supporter

3. Brujo

Brujo New Member

price range?

4. rOOster14

rOOster14 New Member

im trying to be around 450 per suit or so?

5. BBSLM

BBSLM New Member

Im going to tagalong in this thread, as I too need suits and dont have a clue where to begin my search.

I have a slimmer build (5'11" ~160lbs), so I need something slim. Im thinking 1 navy suit, and 1 grey suit. That should cover all the basics

Im out of college (until I go back for law or med school), so I can spring for something a little pricier than the OP if it means I can wear it forever.

Any recommendations? The only brand I can think of off the top of my head is Thick as Thieves. But I know jack shit about suits.

This one from Club Monaco looks promising (and in the OP's price range), although I thought hemmed trousers were a no-no: http://www.valetmag.com/style/products/2009/inside-club-monacos-new-suit-080609.php/

6. FredBull

FredBull *******

####___####___####___###_ #_______#__#___#_______#

Cinque
    Hugo Boss

7. BBSLM

BBSLM New Member

Ill keep these in mind. Hopefully I can find them locally.