GUN Another stupid build question

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Buzz Killington, Aug 16, 2007.

1. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington nunc fortunatus sum

I see some nice kp44 kits out there with inexpensive 80% recievers.

What would a fucktard like me need to do to assemble a functioning semi-auto out of one of these things?

The answer is probably "more than you're capable of pal" but I figured I'd ask :o

2. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

tube reciever no? Have to be able to make the cut outs in the reciever. Having the proper equipment would be a good start but could probably get away with using a dremel.

3. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington nunc fortunatus sum

Fuck, weaponeer does not have much.

Is there any wierd parts kit that is relative easy to assemble without being Bob Vila?

IBjustdoanAK

4. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

All the 80% are going require a fair amount of metal working to complete the recievers :hs: Well 1919 isn't to bad, FAL or CETME if you go with a 100% reciever.

5. Want2race

Want2race Fearless

Im going to avoid 80% receivers for now.

The ATF confiscated HALos records saying the receivers were almost complete and thus should be sold thru FFL's

There has never been a ruling as to what is 80% and therefore its a grey area. My advice- until they issue a new ruling I would buy the 100% receiver!

6. Keesh

Keesh New Member

Tapco just started putting out AK flats with the top rails already bent. I guess they sent it off the to ATF and they OKed it.
    I was under the impression that 80% receivers could either have all the bends done, or all the cuts done, but none of the other one. :dunno:

http://www.gunthings.com/ has KP44 pre-bent recievers for $45. I think they should work with a PPsh kits to, not sure on that.