SRS Another saturday.... shed a light

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by knarxed, Apr 30, 2005.

1. knarxed

knarxed New Member

I wish I have plans to go out somewhere tonight, like most people. I sit here, on the computer, which I do all fucking day and night, throwing my life away on starcraft and Final Fantasy XI. I have no confidence, no guide in life (parents spoiled me, dont care too much about what I do), no friends, never had a gf, no drivers license, dropped out of hs at 14, just a total wreck.

I only have 2 friends which I contacted them over 4 years ago. Other than that, nothing. And when I try to make new ones, I act so insecure. Lack of social interaction for so long leaves me incapable of doing what normal people do. I am on zoloft that helped with the anxiety but I still drive people away. I don't talk much, people say I look too serious and when I try to talk, I act like a dokr and it drives people away.

Every time I think of doing something, like go out and meet people, it fills me up with negative thoughts that just make me so tired I can just sleep or still play starcraft or counter-strike or something. And when I actually try it, I analyze everything as bad and it digs me into a deeper hole than before. Same with drawing. Same with learning how to dance. 2 things I want to do but refuse to do it.

I have been like this ever since I was 7. Always the quiet kid. Always a loner, a weird kid. I never wanted to go to school, never did my homework, and started being truant 1-2 days of the week ever since 10. What can help? A book? What kind of therapist? Please.:wtc:

2. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

Therapy. Medication. Seek treatment. There is hope for you, but it doesn't reside on the internet. It resides with a trained medical professional. You need a psychologist, psychiatrist, etc. Speak with your doctor.

3. BradUF

BradUF Guest

Whats your name on Starcraft?

4. knarxed

knarxed New Member

turdLing-

5. BradUF

BradUF Guest

I bet you are good. Do you have World of Warcraft?

6. LiQuiD_FuSioN

LiQuiD_FuSioN New Member

Try getting a job, I am basically in the same boat as you are, but for some reason having some type of job allows me to be out of the house, while making money even. Try a part time job doing something easy, I work at a theater, so I just work at night only. Anyway, that's my 2 cents.

7. CopenKagan

CopenKagan OT Supporter

Firstly, dude, I dont think this is the place for that. Perhaps a PM?

Secondly man, seek help with a doctor. He may prescribe something to you or refer you to a phsycologist or psychiatrist.

I think that is going to be your first step in the right direction.

8. knarxed

knarxed New Member

I see a behavorial doctor, but only for the Zoloft. I only talked about her about the medication since I couldnt get any from insurance, but ill see what kind of therapy I can get.

I had a job. Night Crew. It was just like school, except there was a paycheck. Dreaded going every day but I did it. That was where I tried to make friends and talk to people but it failed. I only had that job because of my 300zx and I had to stop myself to see what I can do to change.

And no I don't have WoW, that's another game that WILL suck the life out of me!:wtc:

9. infodoc

infodoc I'm Housin'

I don't know if it is any consolation, but your problems are much more common than you might think. I would also recommend talking to a therapist, they can be very helpful for providing an outside perspective. Good luck :hug:

10. dhacmbs

dhacmbs OT Supporter

try and go to your local game shop and see if they have any tournaments (sp). theirs usually a good amount of friendly people. also maybe a ot meat.

11. BradUF

BradUF Guest

Same here I got a job to support my expenssive car.