another question about unprotected sex/pregnancy, and girls' periods...

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by cryptonomicon, Jan 19, 2005.

1. cryptonomicon

cryptonomicon verba volant, scripta manent

my girlfriend's cycle is really irregular, so we can never tell when her period's about to start or whatever, and yesterday we had unprotected sex and she called me later and told me her period was starting that very night...

i'm still confused about how all everything relates in terms of girls' periods and when it's more or less likely to become pregnant. does having her period start the same day we had unprotected sex mean that she's fertile and that it's possible for her to get pregnant? or the other way around?

thanks for any replies..i'm just confused a bit because I know people are usually relieved when the girl gets their period, but I'm wondering if it's possible under these circumstances.

2. dumb_end_user

dumb_end_user Sad Gus

She is probably not pregnant.

Kill two birds (regulate her cycle and birth control) with one stone and get her on the pill.

3. Muricane

Muricane Active Member

BRILLIANT!

4. low20

low20 Member

girls are most likley to get pregnant like 14 days after the first day of the period, but when its irregular, well, who knows

5. weakone

weakone New Member

If she's irregular, there's more chance that she wouldn't know if she was pregnant. Being irregular isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it isn't a good thing. Get her on birth control - more regular periods, and 99% chance if taken the correct way that she will not get pregnant.

6. Hey, your girlfriend needs to get on birthcontrol. There are 2 very good reasons for this...
    1) this regulates her period, so you always knows when its coming and craps are lighter
    2) Birthcontrol is 99.99% effective when taking properly (everyday at the same time)

and one more, if you trust each other you dont have to use a condom, but if you are extra scared about pg, then condom adn birthcontrol are best.