SRS another prom question

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by onslaught61, Apr 24, 2006.

1. onslaught61

onslaught61 OT Supporter

well, there's a girl who wants to go with me to prom. thing is, she was talking to another one of her guy friends, asking him who he was taking. He wouldn't tell her, and after nagging him, he finally said it was because he was going to ask her. So...did he technically get to her first?

I don't like taking other people's opportunities, like in this case i feel as if he got to her first so he should get to go with her. or did he not technically ask her yet?

2. onslaught61

onslaught61 OT Supporter

yes..but I'm the type who gets a guilty feeling easily. Sounds stupid, but that's how I am.

3. drakarch

drakarch New Member

Just go with her and try to enjoy prom. I'm sure the other fellow could pick up another girl to go to the prom with him easily.

4. DiggityDogg

DiggityDogg Guest

Step up and take her to the prom before she gets sick and tired of your wimpiness and goes with the other guy.

5. onslaught61

onslaught61 OT Supporter

im a pussy :wtc:

damnit im trying to prepare a way to ask her but its gonna take like a week. hopefully the other guy wont officially ask her too soon.

6. GRocks10

GRocks10 New Member

Wtf? You're admiting to being a pussy? dude.. MAN up and don't be such a chump.. ask her already, it is what you want afterall.. to go with HER!! Who cares about the other guy.. this is your happiness and if he hasn't officially asked her yet anyways.. well, maybe hes in the same boat as the way you're currently thinking.. ever thought of that? Hell, what makes you think she might even accept his invitation to go anyways and shes secretly can't wait till YOU ASK HER!? Go get her man!! :)

7. onslaught61

onslaught61 OT Supporter

haha i guess im just too used to being too nice. thanks for getting me pumped up haha :bigthumb:

8. Phantom Empress

Phantom Empress mmmmmm tasty!!!

being nice and letting opportunities pass you by are very different things. JUST GO ASK HER ALREADY. I missed out on my prom date becaus i didn't ask him in time. I wish i had had the chance because i know he would've said yes to me had i asked in time. DON'T let it go just because you're being "nice"

9. DiggityDogg

DiggityDogg Guest

What do you want us to do? If you are basically admitting that you can't do anything then nothing we say is going to help.

10. DiggityDogg

DiggityDogg Guest

Yeah, that's not nice, that's doormatville. Nice isn't doing everything everyone wants you to do. Nice isn't always putting others in front of you. In order to be respected you MUST put your needs and wants above others at times. Probably far more often than you do. If not, you will always be that "nice friend" who will drive girls places and be there shoulder to cry on.

Go to www.friendzoned.com and read the articles and forums there. It could very well save your life.

11. thatoneguy

thatoneguy OT Supporter

the girls in high school always said they wanted nice guys.

they were full of shit.

12. Marmot

Marmot Guest

Nice guys finish last.

13. thatoneguy

thatoneguy OT Supporter

nice guys give up before the race is complete.

14. onslaught61

onslaught61 OT Supporter

thanks for the flaming, seriously. i guess i need a wake up call. im fucking stupid, i just realized i gave the similar advice to someone before. thanks for the inputs.

15. Phantom Empress

did you ask her yet????? ASK HER NOW.

16. DiggityDogg

DiggityDogg Guest

Being a good guy doesn't mean you finish last, it's guys that are complete doormats and try to buy favors with niceness. If you are nice in an attempt to get people to like you, then yes, you will finish last.

17. onslaught61

onslaught61 OT Supporter

i think im asking her today. just gotta make sure i got my stuff prepared.

18. mrchina

mrchina Guest

Nice job, way to man up and go after what you want instead of sitting on the side lines. Now the next question is what are you preparing? All you have to say is.... wait for it................... wiat........wai............

"Will you go to prom with me."

Don't make a damn speach. Don't think of something suave. You're going to be nervous obviously, but the less time you dick around with the question, the less time you will have to make a fool of yourself :mamoru:

Good luck bro! :bigthumb:

19. Phantom Empress

how hard is it to just go up to her in the lunch line ofr something and Ask?

20. onslaught61

onslaught61 OT Supporter

haha no its cause she likes to be romanticized, so i had to prepare her favorite romantic piece: canon in d for piano.

21. big 1

big 1 New Member

DID YOU ask her yet?? how did it go???

22. onslaught61

onslaught61 OT Supporter

haha yes i did, forgot to post.

well she was surprised to say the least, but i guess it went well. i still pity the man who's place i took, cause i think he was planning something big too.

23. D-FENS

D-FENS New Member

I find it kind of funny how big of a deal most kids are making out of asking a girl to prom. But then again, the girl im going with, im going with as a friend. And my main reason for going is to wear an Uncle Sam suit. The girl is secondary to that (but shes still pretty cool, so it's still partially my reason for going.)

24. bitetobreakskinn

bitetobreakskinn Blinky the Christmas Ghost

You're gonna get chumped really bad one of these days with that kind of attitude, whether it be with girls or work. I can understand feeling bad about doing things TO people, but this other guy isn't your best friend, he doesn't give a shit about you. :o

25. Phantom Empress

:werd: